PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else do this all the time?

Toba
05-17-2012, 06:35 PM
I come in this forum ALL THE TIME and type out a long post about something or another, and then delete the entire thing after I proofread it. I'll even make corrections/additions, knowing I'm going to delete it anyway. I know writing things down is supposed to be cathartic, but it seems like an awful waste of time ... especially since I have to tap one letter at a time on an iPad.

SnuggleBuggles
05-17-2012, 06:39 PM
I've written out many that I have deleted before posting. :) Never proofread so not a problem here! If I really feel wordy, I go to the computer vs my iPhone (typing on that is a PITA).

ahisma
05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
I do that too.

urquie
05-17-2012, 08:17 PM
If you are on a windows computer, control + z, is your friend. Press and hold the control key, then press "z", while stilling pressing control. It will undue, the last thing you did. You can even undue multiple things.

MamaMolly
05-17-2012, 10:13 PM
I usually compose them mentally instead of typing them out. I have deleted quite a few really pissy responses to other threads though. ;)

lalasmama
05-18-2012, 01:16 PM
I do it.all.the.freaking.time.... Usually when I need to post about my sister or XSO (whatever he is at the moment)... and then I think, "gee, what if my sister happens to see it?" because she'd catch my user name, my avatar and my sig immediately... so I typically end up deleting it. But I've always been a writer, so after I've typed it, even if I don't post it, I feel sooo much better!

glbb35
05-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Totally do this all the time. It does make me feel so much better just getting it but even if I don't post. Many times I am just frustrated with something so small but really angry about it. I write it out and then read it and immediately feel better. Then I delete it as it isn't worthy of posting somethings. But ti always makes me feel better!

B

DS 03, 06, twins 09 and baby 7/11