PDA

View Full Version : Creaky Cruz frame? -- update

323dweller
05-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Hi, guys. We've had our Uppababy Cruz for a while now, and while it pushes fine, the frame makes a creaky sound, especially if you adjust the steering slightly to the right or left. It's internal--not the wheels or anything we can access with grease.

This actually is our second Cruz frame with this problem. Uppa replaced the first one when we contacted them, but this 2nd frame may have developed an even worse creak. Anyone else having this issue? Do Vistas do this too?

teo
05-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Yes, ours does too--it doesn't seem to affect performance so I haven't worried about it too much though it was initially irritating. DH's take was that things with wheels and folding parts squeak/creak--I've never figured out if it's the frame or wheels so we haven't tried silicone spray or WD-40. Did you notice a push difference with non-creaky frame before it started? Curious if we should call Uppa if so--ours has creaked since Day 1 so maybe I wouldn't know the difference?

KonzaPrairie
05-19-2012, 04:02 PM
I haven't noticed a creak in mine and I've had it for about 6 months. I had to get a new frame in the first couple weeks because the adjustable handle got stuck, but uppa was great about it and overnighted us a frame. If it bothers you I don't see any harm in calling uppa customer service again and see if there's anything they reccommend.

323dweller
06-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Sorry it has taken me so long to update! I've tried to post a few times, but keep having technical glitches (perhaps it's an iPad thing).*

Anyway, we are now on frame #3, and it also creaked out f the box, and the creaks are getting louder. The creaks don't affect the push, as far as I can tell. I don't know; maybe all strollers creak? Maybe this doesn't bother other people, but personally I find it disappointing. The Cruz may not be the priciest stroller, but it wasn't cheap either, and if it creaks when band-new, I wonder what it will be like in a year or two.

I will say that Uppa CS has been good about replacing the frames. The newest frame also seems to fold more easily than the prior ones--I no longer have to fully extend the handles to fold it, which is nice.

teo
06-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the update! Sounds like it's probably not worth calling about ours until we have some other issue too, if they all seem to have the same issue. Ugh. Interesting about the fold, too--I never noticed that on ours, but we don't fold it often, so I'll have to check it out.

FWIW, our creaks haven't changed for better or worse in the six months we've had ours...they're just, well, there. Hope yours won't worsen either!