PDA

View Full Version : Today was such a fun day (not)

swissair81
05-18-2012, 06:46 PM
It was so promising at the beginning too... I was actually ready on time and everything. Then DH and I went to look at our house and talk about trying to get it done before this baby shows up. There is no furniture in our house, so I was sitting on a lawn chair, and DH was sitting on a bookcase. Apparently, the bookcase was not enough to hold him, because the entire thing broke into pieces and dumped him on the floor. Luckily, he fell to the side on his arm and not backward onto his back (because I shudder to think about my day if that had happened). As it was, I had to pick him up off the floor and convince him he needed an ER. After 5 hours in the hospital, he is now home with a lovely cast on his (broken) left arm. I am trying to pick up the pieces of my day, the kids are killing my apartment, and he is sleeping.

WatchingThemGrow
05-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Oh no!!!! That is not what you needed. At first, I was reading it, thinking, "Oh, cool, they got to take a few minutes with just the 2 of them...how sweet!" Sorry your day sucked. Hope your DH is okay :(

elektra
05-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh no!!!!

swrc00
05-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Oh wow! I hope the kiddos go to bed early tonight, so you can get some rest.

lmh2402
05-18-2012, 08:05 PM
oh no!!! so sorry for your DH...and for you! get some rest this evening and hope he heals very quickly :hug:

hellokitty
05-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Oh no! I hope that things are better for you soon, you've had such a string of bad luck!

plusbellelavie
05-18-2012, 09:07 PM
I am so sorry sounds like a terrible day! Sending you and your family lots of positive vibes for a change in your "luck"! I hope your DH is feeling better soon! :hug:

Carrots
05-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Oh gawd. That is all you need, right?!?! I am so sorry.

When DD A was 3 months old, DH put a ladder on our deck and climbed it to paint trim. Well..... the feet of the ladder slid along the deck and DH came crashing down and broke his elbow. It was fun times for a few weeks (not).

I hope he heals fast. :hug:

swissair81
05-20-2012, 09:07 AM
I really hate to complain. He needs help with just about everything, and I am happy to help. It's just that my pelvis is acting up, and lifting and walking are not the easiest for me anymore. The kids did behave though.

crl
05-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Complain away! I know you don't mind helping him, it's just too much on top of everything else. :grouphug:

Catherine