PDA

View Full Version : Problem with bumbleride indie

AJP
05-19-2012, 09:14 AM
I just noticed (when checking out a strap that broke) that when I open my stroller the frame part under the stroller is not "closing down" all the way. I know this is a bad description, but I'll try to get a picture up here later. It's the part of the frame that lifts apart when folded. When I open it it folds into place, but doesn't connect all the way down where it should. I was at magic beans and asked their stroller guru to check it out, but he wasn't familiar with it since they don't sell it on store. Anyone have any clue what I'm talking about or what the problem could be? I know this is worthless without pics. I'll try to snap some now.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/ajp76/5fa935eb.jpg

AJP
05-19-2012, 09:23 AM
It's the black plastic covered piece that doesn't fully click down onto the metal part. I can force it together but last time I tried that it was near impossible to get it to fold. I had to force the pieces apart while pulling the strap. Any ideas?

hollissmama
05-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Do you know if it used to snap down?, maybe call BR, they have pretty great customer service and can help. It has been awhile since I had mine but I seem to remember it not connecting but when the kids sat in it it did. But it has a been a year since I have had mine.

AJP
05-19-2012, 02:15 PM
I really don't remember if it did, but I kinda feel like I would have noticed in the beginning if it didn't. I played and stared at it so much when I first got it! I was do excited to get a single after almost 3yrs of the doubles that I practically slept with it lol.
Where oh where is bumbleride guy? I know he pops in here once in a while...

ckelly
05-19-2012, 03:28 PM
I just looked at mine. The black piece does sit on the metal piece. Not really clicks in but sits on top if that makes sense. Could something be wedged in their further up preventing it from sitting flush?

AJP
05-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Ok. So I see now when I close and open it that the black piece sits on the metal but doesn't "connect" also. Can anyone else confirm this is the case with theirs as well?

hollissmama
05-22-2012, 09:20 AM
I will tomorrow when I get my new fog twin! I love your spice too btw. :)

Bumbleride
05-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Hi Windsor Parents :)

I would be glad to help!

Basically, the backrest clicks into the frame of the stroller at the point pictured. Each time you open the stroller, we recommend engaging the backrest into the frame by placing one hand over the center of the backrest when upright and pushing down. Often times setting your child in the seat will engage the backrest to the frame automatically. When folding, the carry strap disengages the frame at the point pictured and sometimes requires a little force.

If you have any trouble engaging or disengaging your backrest into the frame, please contact our Customer Care at 1 800 530 3930 and we would be happy to assist.

Best,

Ryan