PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who can't wear ballet flats

nupe
05-19-2012, 10:05 PM
that have an elastic around the top? I can't stand anything hitting the back of my foot at the top of the shoe. I've been tyring on the more ballet flat style with puckered sides and just not comfortable for me.

I have some born round toe flats from a few years back, in a ballet style, with no puckering around the back, that fit fine and are comfy, but I think the newer ballet flats are tight around the top.

Am I the only one?

MichelleRC
05-20-2012, 07:44 AM
You are not the only one. They leave nasty marks on the tops of my feet and are just uncomfortable!

swissair81
05-20-2012, 08:06 AM
They're the only ones I can wear. If there's no puckering, the shoes fall off because I have really narrow heels.

twowhat?
05-20-2012, 09:57 AM
I hate the puckering too and only own more structured ballet flats...just bough the MK city flat in black which I love so far...they appear slightly puckered online but really aren't.

blondflava
05-22-2012, 09:53 PM
I have one pair of flats, they only became truly comfortable after 2 months wear, the elastic is not really tight though, just enough so they stay put. I tried a lot (A LOT) of other ones, they either really bothered my feet (elastic dug in) or fell right off. But I have skinny, flat, fussy feet...

lmintzer
05-22-2012, 10:32 PM
No. I have never found a pair that is comfortable. They either squishy toes, rub my heels, or fall off.

edurnemk
05-22-2012, 10:33 PM
You are not the only one. They leave nasty marks on the tops of my feet and are just uncomfortable!

:yeahthat:

MamaMolly
05-22-2012, 10:36 PM
The only ones I've ever found to be comfortable are the Gap City Flats. But they are NOT durable, and even though I only buy them on sale I've walked too many holes in too many pairs to buy them again. But they were the only ones I could wear without pain right from the day I bought them.

AnnieW625
05-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Add me to the list, my feet are too wide for them to work for me. I am sure the Tory Burch ones will work, but I refuse to pay $195+ for ballet flats.

lcarlson90
05-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Add me to the list, my feet are too wide for them to work for me. I am sure the Tory Burch ones will work, but I refuse to pay $195+ for ballet flats.

I have 2 pairs of Tory Burch flats and while I love the way they look, they are not comfortable. You aren't missing out on anything.

hellokitty
05-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah, no ballet flats for me either. I don't like the way they look on me and they make my feet hurt!

echoesofspring
05-24-2012, 11:19 AM
They're the only ones I can wear. If there's no puckering, the shoes fall off because I have really narrow heels.

:yeahthat:

I'm in the same boat, narrow heels, avg width feet. I might try to find a pair this season since they are all over the place, but generally I just skip them for mary janes.

swissair81
05-24-2012, 11:59 AM

Tory burch flats are basically worn because of style, not comfort. Way not my speed.

Mommy_Again
05-25-2012, 10:46 PM
I have 2 pairs of Tory Burch flats and while I love the way they look, they are not comfortable. You aren't missing out on anything.

Ditto. I have two pair that put me in tears when I wear them. Such a waste. My most comfy ballet flats are Madden Girl purchased at Marshalls or TJs for like $20. They are falling apart and I'm eternally searching for a replacement pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twin Mom
05-27-2012, 08:44 PM
I have one pair of Mia ballet flats that don't hurt my feet that I wear but I just donated the black Steve Madden's b/c I decided they were too tight. I think I bought them a size too small. Generally speaking ballet flats hurt my feet.

Nooknookmom
05-28-2012, 02:26 AM
Add me in as well, I tried to wear DD's - after her huge foot stretched them out and the elastic still bugged me to death. I cannot stand the feeling.

kijip
06-02-2012, 07:52 AM
I can only wear Born or Ecco ballet flats. The elastic ones and the ones that have no support for the heel are just murder for my feet.

gatorsmom
06-02-2012, 09:31 AM
The only ballet flats I can wear have to have some support in them or I can't wear them. I found some adoable flats at Macy's on sale the other day and was sure I couldn't wear them. I was pleasantly surprised to find they had some suppport. Not alot but enough to feel good.

kara97210
06-02-2012, 12:00 PM
The only ballet flats I can wear have to have some support in them or I can't wear them. I found some adoable flats at Macy's on sale the other day and was sure I couldn't wear them. I was pleasantly surprised to find they had some suppport. Not alot but enough to feel good.

Do you have a link to them? I'm looking for cute flats, and definitely need at least a little support.