PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Ticket price increases for WDW TOMORROW, DL happened...

TwinFoxes
05-21-2012, 02:48 PM
UPDATE: WDW prices increase tomorrow. You can still get your tix for current prices through Undercover Tourist. Thanks to Pharmjenn for bumping this thread!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you're planning a WDW trip, and know the passes you want, you should buy them soon. Mousesavers posted last week that prices were expected to go up soon. DL's tickets went up, the APs went up by a LOT. WDW's tickets went up the first Sunday in June last year, so expect an increase any time. I will be buying mine this week!

http://www.mousesavers.com/

Mousesavers says it's not too late to get DL tix for the old prices, you might want to check out their web page, I don't know what their advice is for getting tickets at the old price (I'm not going there anytime soon, so didn't check).

Tondi G
05-21-2012, 02:54 PM
we bought our annual passes for Disneyland on Saturday when I saw this on mousesavers .... basically saved us $600! I can't believe the increase .... WOW! I wonder when the prices will be so high that people just decide not to go or plan for shorter trips because it's just too expensive?

TwinFoxes
05-21-2012, 03:18 PM
we bought our annual passes for Disneyland on Saturday when I saw this on mousesavers .... basically saved us $600! I can't believe the increase .... WOW! I wonder when the prices will be so high that people just decide not to go or plan for shorter trips because it's just too expensive?

The price increase for APs was insane! Wow. I was shocked.

BTW, tickets don't have expiration dates, so even if you figure you'll be going for say, 7 days next year, just buy them.

BayGirl2
05-21-2012, 07:57 PM

BTW, tickets don't have expiration dates, so even if you figure you'll be going for say, 7 days next year, just buy them.

Not true, at least for the DL Park Hoppers. The ones available now are only good through Dec 2012. So if you're going in 2013 there's really no way around the higher prices (without buying an AP of course).

I saw the notice on the DISBoards Sat afternoon and bought our Park Hoppers for Sept. Saved $100, nice to have that for something else. There are some places/agents selling at the lower price but they will likely run out of stock soon.

TwinFoxes
05-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Not true, at least for the DL Park Hoppers. The ones available now are only good through Dec 2012. So if you're going in 2013 there's really no way around the higher prices (without buying an AP of course).

I saw the notice on the DISBoards Sat afternoon and bought our Park Hoppers for Sept. Saved $100, nice to have that for something else. There are some places/agents selling at the lower price but they will likely run out of stock soon.

Well that sucks (the part about the DL park hoppers, not the part about you saving money!)

The multi-day WDW passes don't expire, according to Mousesavers (I had APs when I lived in LA, so I didn't know about the park hoppers expiring, thanks for catching that.)

sariana
05-21-2012, 09:18 PM
We received DL tickets for Christmas. When I saw the article about the price increase, I pulled out the tickets to make sure they didn't have expiration dates. Fortunately, they don't, but they are not Park Hoppers.

AnnieW625
05-22-2012, 04:05 PM

Seriously sucks! I can renew my pass still for last year rates according to Mouse Savers, but we usually don't park hop much so maybe a bunch of single tickets would make sense, but still want to see Cars Land. Cars Land better be the bomb.

I guess I am just going to have to wait 10 yrs. until DD1 can get a job there.

Tinkerbell313
05-22-2012, 10:00 PM
http://www.mousesavers.com/

Mousesavers says it's not too late to get DL tix for the old prices, you might want to check out their web page, I don't know what their advice is for getting tickets at the old price (I'm not going there anytime soon, so didn't check).

Mousesavers refers you to Undercover Tourist, an authorized seller for Disney. Basically, they will sell their current stash of tickets at the older price. Once they sell put of those tickets, their new tickets will be at the higher price.

GaPeach_in_Ca
05-24-2012, 04:16 PM
I was able to buy Deluxe Annual Passes for DL yesterday at my Safeway at the old price. $379. They have to be redeemed by Dec 31, 2012. I'm sure once they sell out they are gone.

pharmjenn
06-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Just wanted to bump this up, since the prices are increasing on Sunday. We are going in July and I was hoping to get them closer to our trip, but I guess now is the day.

TwinFoxes
06-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Just wanted to bump this up, since the prices are increasing on Sunday. We are going in July and I was hoping to get them closer to our trip, but I guess now is the day.

Thanks so much for the bump, because despite being the OP, I forgot to check this weekend! I bought our tickets through undercover tourist using the mousesaver.com discount.

pharmjenn
06-03-2012, 01:32 AM
Glad I could give you a nudge. I had to sit and do math for a couple hours to figure out the best combination to purchase from UT for the best deal. It worked out cheapest to get 6 day non-PH (which UT gives you an extra day, so 7 day total), then upgrade to PH after the first day in the park.

calv
06-15-2012, 09:30 AM
too late to do this? uggh trying to plan a trip but still at the overwhelmed stage. LOL, we're open as to when to go. was thinking SEPT but the more we read the still super hot and humid is somewhat of a turn off!!! also open to anytime. even thinking JAN would be fun and a quiet time.