PDA

View Full Version : "What to Expect..." movie strollers

queenmama
05-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Has anyone identified the strollers used in the film? I've never been able to get a good enough look at them, and I'm far from an expert anyway! Just curious! :D

It does baffle me that 3/4 of the dads are wearing their babies while pushing empty strollers. :confused:

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

spannaz
05-21-2012, 04:39 PM
The first time the men meet at the park, Chris Rock is pushing a navy BOB duallie, there is an Uppababy Vista, a B-Ready and a Britax Chaperone in cowmooflage. The Chris Rock's character starts using some triple tandem (Peg?).

BabyBearsMom
05-21-2012, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=queenmama;

It does baffle me that 3/4 of the dads are wearing their babies while pushing empty strollers. :confused:

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

This is totally me. DD2 sometimes gets upset in the stroller and DD2 will want to walk. So there I am wearing DD2, holding DD1's hand and pushing our b-ready empty one handed lol

Multimama
05-21-2012, 08:17 PM

I push an empty stroller while wearing my baby all the time now. Carrying the baby and the diaper bag is just too much and I need a place where I can put baby down if I need to. I learned my lesson there!

queenmama
05-21-2012, 08:34 PM
The first time the men meet at the park, Chris Rock is pushing a navy BOB duallie, there is an Uppababy Vista, a B-Ready and a Britax Chaperone in cowmooflage. The Chris Rock's character starts using some triple tandem (Peg?).

You're good!

And I have worn baby in a pinch (easier to nurse privately in a wrap) and pushed the stroller, I just thought it was silly that three people were doing it in the ad. Maybe theres an explanation in the film, though. ;)

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

MamaBear
05-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Which one is a Vista? Looking in the photo here (http://daddytypes.com/2012/03/08/i_have_no_idea_what_to_expect_from_what_to_expect. php) the not-BOBs all look to me to be Britaxes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

Multimama
05-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Which one is a Vista? Looking in the photo here (http://daddytypes.com/2012/03/08/i_have_no_idea_what_to_expect_from_what_to_expect. php) the not-BOBs all look to me to be Britaxes.

Yeah, those are Twilight and Mediterranean Britax B-readys on either side of that Bob Duallie.

I can't believe i know that!

asquare
05-21-2012, 09:31 PM
All of the stroller/baby carriers are Britax/BOBs. Britax sponsored the film and they have this whole 'Expect Greatness' campaign/tour going on right now that is connected to the film.

I know all of this because I won a Britax stroller board (:cheerleader1:) off a blog that was doing a promotion related to Britax and the movie. So even without having seen the film, I'm a HUGE fan!

Multimama
05-21-2012, 09:34 PM
All of the stroller/baby carriers are Britax/BOBs. Britax sponsored the film and they have this whole 'Expect Greatness' campaign/tour going on right now that is connected to the film.

I know all of this because I won a Britax stroller board (:cheerleader1:) off a blog that was doing a promotion related to Britax and the movie. So even without having seen the film, I'm a HUGE fan!

So I guess now we know why they are pushing strollers and wearing babies. That way you can get more product shots in the same scene.

I was wondering why they would have one lone Bob and everything else Britax because I forgot that Britax now owns Bob.

Multimama
05-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Okay, I just read the blog post that MamaBear linked to. :rotflmao: It is so funny to me that DaddyTypes thought the B-readys were Vistas too. Ha ha ha. All that money that Britax spent and Uppababy could end up with more sales because of it. Hee, hee, hee.

moll73
05-21-2012, 11:09 PM
This is totally me. DD2 sometimes gets upset in the stroller and DD2 will want to walk. So there I am wearing DD2, holding DD1's hand and pushing our b-ready empty one handed lol

Ha, ha, yep, it actually happens quite often here too. I still like the stroller for carrying all our stuff though!

spannaz
05-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Yeah, those are Twilight and Mediterranean Britax B-readys on either side of that Bob Duallie.

I can't believe i know that!

Ohhhhh I thought the Twilight one was a Maya Vista :p. Oops. I also assumed they wouldn't have done two of the same stroller :p.

But makes sense now that I know Britax was sponsoring movie. What was the triple tandem then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ashleybama24
05-22-2012, 09:50 AM
I thought the Mediterranean B-Ready was actually a Strider Plus in Kingfisher. I noticed that Britax discontinued that color in Australia but it was gorgeous!

BayGirl2
05-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Now I really want to see that movie, even though I'm not a fan of the books. But I agree with the blogger, that trailer was definitely targeted at male viewers - Fight Club for dads.