PDA

View Full Version : Maternity shirts too short

ExcitedMamma
05-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem? I bought a couple of cute maternity shirts from kohls and I tried them on and thought they were great...until I actually wore them out an about. They ride up so high on my belly that you can see the stretchy elastic of the maternity band which really bugs me. I washed in cold and dried on low per directions so not sure if they shrank or it wasn't something that was noticeable just standing in front of the dressing room mirror. I am so bummed about this. I hate wasting money but I feel ridiculous in them now and I'm only going to get bigger so it's only going to get worse. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do?

swrc00
05-21-2012, 08:21 PM
I had this happen when I was pregnant with DS and the only brand of shirts that ended up being long enough were ON. I would return them to Kohls if you aren't happy with them. They are great about no hassel returns.

AJP
05-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Old navy tanks were my only friend. It gets old and hot having to layer, but it's the only thing that worked for me. I also found some of their non maternity ribbed tanks to be longer than the maternity ones after one or two washings. IIRC, They might have tall/long sizes available on line.

queenmama
05-22-2012, 05:58 AM
I love, love, love my Liz Lange tanks from Target. They're so soft and stretchy and plenty long. I highly recommend them! (FTR, I do not rec any other LL clothes because they were too short/did shrink.)

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

ExcitedMamma
05-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the tip on layering! I'll have to think about that. I'm so hot right now I actually bought the new shirts because the fabric is a lot thinner than my old maternity shirts.

Swrc00 do you really think I can return the shirts to Kohls without the tags? This would be ideal!

Katigre
05-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Yes, having a short torso is really an advantage while pregnant b/c the shirts don't ride up as much - and that tells me that they are making them too short if they fit short-torso me really well :).

twowhat?
05-22-2012, 12:52 PM
I bought maternity summer dresses (and sometimes non-maternity dresses with a cut that worked - gathered empire waists - and wore them as shirts. LOL. And sometimes I'd find a maternity tunic top. Those were the only things that worked for me towards the end.

DrSally
05-22-2012, 04:50 PM
I had this prob too, and would have belling peeking out. I would buy some super long tanks and layer.

swrc00
05-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the tip on layering! I'll have to think about that. I'm so hot right now I actually bought the new shirts because the fabric is a lot thinner than my old maternity shirts.

Swrc00 do you really think I can return the shirts to Kohls without the tags? This would be ideal!

I totally think you could return them. I would simply say they have shrunk. You will probably get a store credit and you may not get the price you paid for them, but I think it is worth a try.

Having the receipt would be ideal, but I think they may have the capabilities of looking up on your debit card. Not positive on that though.

Let us know the outcome!