PDA

View Full Version : Not sure how I feel about my CL MBUS find!

bisous
05-22-2012, 12:08 AM
I just brought my beauty home. It is an older MBUS with a near pristine navy seat. The canopy is a little touchy, so I got the price knocked down to $100.

While it is quite pretty, and seems to push really well (despite the fact that the tires need inflating desperately!), looking at it for awhile today, it really looks like it has sustained some kind of accident! The handle is crooked in a really weird way and of course I didn't notice that before I bought. Additionally, I'm not sure if this is right or not but the two back wheels look like they are tilted outward while the wheels on my MBUD are not tilted. The push actually doesn't seem to be too affected but maybe the steering is a bit? Could be the uninflated wheels though...

I'm not sure how to feel about it. On the one hand, the crooked handle is annoying to me. Even though I'm pretty sure that it won't be noticeable to most people. It bothers me that there are potential structural problems. On the other hand, I love the appearance, the push, the fact that it fits great in my car, etc.

I suppose I'm really bummed that if this one doesn't work out, I might just be out my "investment" because the handle really is crooked and I'm not sure how I could sell it without making some mention which would OF COURSE turn off most potential buyers...

What do you guys think???

Multimama
05-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Something similar happened to me with a stroller I bought on CL, which has totally turned me off buying on CL. On top of the stroller not being worth what you thought it was when you bought it, it also just leaves a sour taste in your mouth. Sorry this happened!

On the upside, maybe try contacting Mountain Buggy about a new handle bar? I know someone on Swap successfully bought a new handlebar for a Swift and fixed it up. If you can figure out what exactly about it is crooked maybe you can fix the issue and still get your bargain.

candaceb
05-22-2012, 08:10 AM
I fixed up my swift and they accidentally sent me mbus handle adjusters in the process. They told me to pitch them but I threw them in my box of stroller junk. Pm me with your address if you think they would fix your problem.

bisous
05-22-2012, 10:13 AM
Yes Multimama, I feel ripped off and that gives me a sour taste! I'm not sure if I want to buy from CL again. Such a bummer too as high end used strollers is so the way to go! When DH teased me I said, fine, I'll buy a new one for $499 then, lol.

Candaceb pming you!