PDA

View Full Version : Seven Slings? Nursing in carriers?

ExcitedMamma
05-22-2012, 11:39 AM
I received the bag of coupons from Motherhood Maternity with purchase the other day and one was for a free Seven Sling, which I assume will require paying shipping and handling. Is anyone familiar with these slings? I have the Ergo which I loved but didn't like for the newborn stage and a ring sling which I was never all that comfortable with. I was scared of the Moby because of all the tying and worried about how strong it was but from all the great reviews for it with newborns I will get one this time around. With that being the case is the Seven sling a good addition? I'm pretty sure that I'll need to be even more comfortable with baby wearing since I have a toddler and I never figured out how to breast feed in a carrier which I think will be a necessity this time around. Is there another carrier that's great for nursing? What do you think?

queenmama
05-22-2012, 11:52 AM
I got one of the "free" Seven Slings (probably $5-7 shipping) and have never used it. I didn't like the fabric.

I would recommend a woven wrap over a Moby, times 1000. Moby material is really hot, IMO. It does seem intimidating, learning to wrap, but watching YouTube videos is how I learned. It only took a few tries before I felt confident.

Good luck!

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

ABO Mama
05-22-2012, 01:08 PM
The seven sling consistently gets poor reviews, so I would skip it. Since you will have a Central Coast newborn (ie. hot weather), I would get a lighter weight wrap, like wrapsody.

philyre
07-10-2012, 03:17 AM
I received the bag of coupons from Motherhood Maternity with purchase the other day and one was for a free Seven Sling, which I assume will require paying shipping and handling. Is anyone familiar with these slings? I have the Ergo which I loved but didn't like for the newborn stage and a ring sling which I was never all that comfortable with. I was scared of the Moby because of all the tying and worried about how strong it was but from all the great reviews for it with newborns I will get one this time around. With that being the case is the Seven sling a good addition? I'm pretty sure that I'll need to be even more comfortable with baby wearing since I have a toddler and I never figured out how to breast feed in a carrier which I think will be a necessity this time around. Is there another carrier that's great for nursing? What do you think?

I have a Seven sling and I love it for stashing in the diaper bag to have on hand just in case. I got it when DS started sitting on my hip, so I've only done the hip-hold with it and I can't vouch for it in the newborn stage, but I like having it. If you go for it, size up at least one size from their size chart, ideally two sizes (I went up one size and it's very very snug, and we can't put it in the drier lest it shrink more). It's very very basic, no-frills but that means it folds really, really compactly.

I prefer a structured carrier (I have a Cybex) but they're bulky to bring with you when you don't think you'll need it or you really just need a carrier very briefly... like you, I have a toddler and find I am much more interested in having a carrier on hand this time than I was with my eldest!

MamaInMarch
07-18-2012, 09:40 AM
We have loved our Moby and I find it to be a very good wrap with some forgiveness to the learning curve.

Pocket slings like the Seven can be great but fit is everything so beware. If it is too big or too small, it won't work. Can you order a couple to try for size or swap them if the one you order isn't right?