PDA

View Full Version : Pajamas Following Thyroid Surgery

Kindra178
05-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Having my thyroid out in a couple of weeks. I need to find pajamas that will keep that area less irritated and open. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Thoughts?

karstmama
05-22-2012, 01:40 PM
the pajamagram ones i got as a gift were that 'man-tailored' type, button down with an open neck & lapels. sorta old-fashioned.

another thought would be some camisoles & lounge pants.

specialp
05-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Anything scoop neck, v neck or button up. I had the surgery years ago during the winter and don't remember having a problems with PJs being too high to irritate so I just wore my normal stuff.

jerigirl
05-22-2012, 02:52 PM
I think as long as you aren't going to wear a turtle neck you will be fine. ;)

Aishe
05-22-2012, 02:57 PM
I didn't wear anything special after my thyroid surgery. It will be well-bandaged and honestly it really doesn't hurt much after the first day. I hope the surgery goes well!

niccig
05-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Anything scoop neck, v neck or button up. I had the surgery years ago during the winter and don't remember having a problems with PJs being too high to irritate so I just wore my normal stuff.

:yeahthat: nothing bothered my neck if it was regular neckline - only high neckline or turtle neck would do that. My scar is in notch of my collar bones. I wear t-shirts to bed and didn't have problems with anything.