PDA

View Full Version : Clothes help--Store suggestions

jellibeans
05-22-2012, 03:07 PM
I need some help. I've never been fashion-challenged and I love clothes. After having my second dc, my body just isn't going back to the way it used to be. I need some shorts that are longer than 3" inseams. I have always shopped at LOFT, GAP, The Limited, JCrew and Banana Republic but their shorts just aren't working for me anymore. I have a pear shape with my problem area being my thighs. I also have a muffin top so my shorts have to be a little higher so low rise is out. Someone help! What store has shorts for me?!?!?

SnuggleBuggles
05-22-2012, 03:10 PM
I just bought a cute 5"khaki pair with an elastic waist at Old Navy. So far, so good!

ett
05-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Target has Merona brand shorts that are 5" inseams. I also got a similar pair from LE Canvas which are very similar to the Target ones.

DrSally
05-22-2012, 04:48 PM
2nd both ON and Target

ltmommy
05-23-2012, 08:17 AM
I just ordered some from Eddie Bauer. They seem to have a good selection of sportier shorts with longer inseams; I also like cargo styles with pockets to distract from my thighs. Maybe also try REI or other sporting goods stores?

kozachka
05-23-2012, 12:23 PM
I am also slightly pear-shaped and had a pair of shorts from Target that worked well, so definitely worth checking it out, but to be quite honest I never looked as good in shorts (even when I was in my early 20s and quite skinny otherwise) as I do in skirts and dresses. So my suggestion is to check out those as well.