PDA

View Full Version : Girl School uniform questions

AbbysMom
05-22-2012, 10:13 PM
My DD1's kindergarten for next year has a dress code. I need to order some logo shirts and sweaters from the school within the next couple weeks and I am looking for input on how much I should buy?

I was thinking 1 sweater, 1 sweatshirt and maybe 4 polo/blouses? I can get the pants, shorts and skirts at JC Penney or ON later on. I am going to try to go for fitting b/c the sizes look wonky and I want to make sure I order what I need! Should I buy more? TIA!

SnuggleBuggles
05-22-2012, 10:24 PM
Are the shirts all required to be the logo ones or can you fill in with generic uniform apparel from ON, TCP, LE...?

I would buy more. I always need more clothes here. I'd want at least 2 of either the sweatshirt or sweater (whichever you think she'll wear more). (Be sure and label it like crazy too b/c sweatshirts are frequently lost as the kids get warm and toss them aside during the school day...you wouldn't believe the number of sweaters in the school's lost and found!) I'd want minimum 5 polo shirts to get through the week. Consider comfort and practicality. Do you think she'll gravitate more towards a blouse or polo too?

AbbysMom
05-22-2012, 10:29 PM
They are all required to be logo unless under a jumper. But she's not a jumper girl so I was not planning to get any. It is funny because my younger dd is picky and older dd is not but she's harder to shop for! She only cares about comfort.

MamaMolly
05-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Lula has 4 dresses and 2 PE uniforms. For next year I think I'm going to get her an extra PE uniform, too. She has PE twice a week (playground time daily).

I think you should get two sweaters/sweatshirts, which ever one you think will get more use. We can send in any sweater and I find they get dirty really fast. We have two we rotate.

Do you have to iron the blouses? That would make me go for a polo! ;)

ETA: Do you know what the other girls tend to wear? We have the option of polo and skort or dress, and almost every girl in PPK, PK and K only wears the dress. Is she the type to be bothered if she is the only one not in a jumper?

Also, how often do you do laundry?

AbbysMom
05-22-2012, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=MamaMolly;3513994]

ETA: Do you know what the other girls tend to wear? We have the option of polo and skort or dress, and almost every girl in PPK, PK and K only wears the dress. Is she the type to be bothered if she is the only one not in a jumper?

Also, how often do you do laundry?[/QUOTE

I do laundry all the darn time so I'm ok there. I am nervous though about what the other kids wear because I have no idea... We went on a tour and i saw loads of kids in pants though.

MamaMolly
05-23-2012, 08:18 AM
In that case I'd lean towards pants and get her what she'd personally prefer to wear. Can you buy uniforms during the school year? I'm assuming you'd have to be able to.

Momit
05-23-2012, 08:25 AM
A lot of people we know buy shirts from Lands' End or wherever and take them to a local embroidery place.

mattiew
05-24-2012, 09:34 AM
My DDs just finished K and 3rd grade so our 4th year in uniforms (I love them). For each season I try to have 6 tops and 3 bottoms. One prefers a sweatshirt, the other a sweater.