PDA

View Full Version : Is there a whining post?

WatchingThemGrow
05-23-2012, 01:25 PM
It's more of a "I'm not enjoying this stage" complaint than a full-on BP entry.

We have rented our house out (it didn't sell) and we have what I would consider to be a decent amount of credit to purchase a 4 BR home. Prices here are high, and volume is loooow. We couldn't get the first house because the seller only wants full-price or nothing (after being on the market a year) and the second home, although it has its weirdness, would work beautifully for our family for the years to come. However, the builder/renovator of the 2nd home seemed like he (well through his nice realtor wife) would work with us to make it fit within our budget. They just said "nope, our price" and we can't make it there and still feed our kids. There's just a $10K difference between our price and theirs.

So now we're packing up, moving furniture into a POD, clothing, toys, cooking stuff, medicines, etc. into a storage unit so we can access them during the summer, and living "on the road" at the ILs' beach house, my mom's, a friend's condo, etc. until we can find a place. We HAVE a place (rather places) to stay during the transition time, but we would really like to know (please Lord, sooner than later) where we will be landing. It's gross to pull stuff down out of our attic, try to shuffle it around, try to still live here in the meantime, and figure out which direction everything needs to be going. I know that if I had a destination (aka nice new house in a fun neighborhood where DC and DH and I have friends or some other similarly sized house) it would be such a breeze to organize and pack all this stuff. Instead, I'm just dreading every minute of it and procrastinating.

The good thing is...everyone is healthy, we aren't losing our home, nice tenants are moving in, we are going to see lots of family in the coming weeks, and so on...but still it's hard for me now to be packing with no destination, and it's going to be hard for the kids to leave and not have a place to call "home" for a couple months while we continue to look for another one.

khm
05-23-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm sorry it didn't pan out. I hope something is just getting ready to hit the market, or that Mr. Builder starts to sweat a bit when no other offers are rolling in! Maybe you'll get his $10k yet. :)

Embrace your inner vagabond. (ha.)

roseyloxs
05-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Crossing my fingers that a dream house pops up soon for you. Being between homes is hard but it won't be forever.

kozachka
05-24-2012, 03:22 AM
It is a tough spot to be in. Hope your temporary situation ends up just that.

WatchingThemGrow
05-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Thanks, y'all. We are making slow progress getting packed, still trying to negotiate with the builder of the house we'd like, and praying we will have a home soon. I always keep in mind a friend who is between homes like we are, with 3 DC as well, except that she's doing chemo at the same time. :( It's all about perspective.

cindys
05-25-2012, 04:21 PM
I feel your pain :(

We have been house hunting since March..We have lost out on 3 houses and the prospects are dwindling.

All our stuff is in a POD and we have pretty much been living out of one room while we stay with my Mom...

Its been 2 yrs and I am SO over it.

ETA: We are also renting out our house.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...20, 6 & 3 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

mackmama
05-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Ugh what a pain! I'm so sorry and hope you and Cindy both find homes soon. We will soon be in the same boat. Selling our home, then we'll be between homes staying at different places while we wait for the right house to come along in a verrrry small area where inventory is super low. Hang in there, and remember that you will eventually land in the right home!