PDA

View Full Version : Specific stroller needs- help me decide please!

florak8
05-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Hello! I hope one of you stroller goddesses can help me. :)

My DS has low muscle tone and is 2.5 yo, 28 lbs and 37 inches long.

I need a comfy stroller for him for the zoo and all his appointments. We have a bulky jog stroller (Tike Tech) he likes, but I want something for regular travelling.

To give you an idea, I really like the B-Agile. Good price range, nice push, 55 lb weight limit, 5 point straps, footrest. But it does not sit up straight enough for DS to see the world the way he wants to. He ends up craning forward and arching his back in frustration. I would like him to have more of a birds-eye-view.

Can you help me find a comfortable stroller for tall kids that sits them up straight, with a good view of things? I want to stay around 200 or less, with a high weight limit, and room for long limbs and a tall head.

I am just getting overwhelmed with all the strollers out there. It seems like nothing ticks all the boxes.

TIA!!:wavey:

swissair81
05-24-2012, 11:57 AM
I have a lot of ideas, but not in your price range. The only thing I can think of is a high weight limit umbrella- Mac, Cybex, or Uppababy. Those sit up pretty straight, even if they don't have the best push.

spannaz
05-24-2012, 01:02 PM
I would recommend a Valco Quad, but it doesn't look like there are any deals at the moment. I know some posters here purchased theirs no Shnoop and Kids Woot for around the $200 mark... if you're not in a rush, maybe keep checking there or call each company and see if they have any in stock/ are planning another Valco sale?

legaleagle
05-24-2012, 01:04 PM
How about a peg perego p3? The seat is supposed to be super upright and padded.

SQ review http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/peg-perego-pliko-p3-compact-review.html

Amazon has a bunch of colors for $195 http://www.amazon.com/Peg-Perego-2010-Pliko-Stroller-Tropical/dp/B00307SUKM/ref=sr_1_13?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1337878819&sr=1-13

Edit, never mind about amazon they're from a 3rd party with insane shipping, but Albee has some for $200
http://www.albeebaby.com/peg-perego-p3-strollers.html

tribe pride
05-24-2012, 01:27 PM
I would recommend a Valco Quad, but it doesn't look like there are any deals at the moment. I know some posters here purchased theirs no Shnoop and Kids Woot for around the $200 mark... if you're not in a rush, maybe keep checking there or call each company and see if they have any in stock/ are planning another Valco sale?

I love my Quad. It's a great all-around stroller, and the seatback is very tall and upright. Strollerqueen has a great review of it.

You might try ebay. There are several for sale around $270, and a couple that people are bidding on. Current bids are well under $100 (one is only $10 at the moment!). Obviously they will go up over the next few days til the auction ends, but you might keep an eye on them and consider bidding if the bids stay relatively low.

ckelly
05-24-2012, 10:26 PM
The seat on the b-agile is the same as the B-ready right? I.wonder if you can call britax and see if they can hook something up for you (the 2012 seat has an upright seat position). Or ask them.if there are any plans to put the new seat on the b-agile. Just a thought.