PDA

View Full Version : JAG pull on jeans as early maternity?

echoesofspring
05-24-2012, 11:27 AM
I just bought a pair of these at a local women's store, apparently they are flying out of the store, the sales clerk said she loved hers, never had to 'adjust' them when she got out of the car, even used them for horseriding competitions (big thing around here). Nordstrom has a bunch of styles. I love my reg Jag jeans, but I can't say they would have called to me to try on if she and the shop owner (who I've known for years) hadn't been so enthusiastic about them.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jag-jeans-peri-pull-on-jeans-petite/3335087
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jag-jeans-paley-bootcut-jeans/3287476

Anybody else tried these or a similar style out? And do you think they would work as a maternity pant, at least for a while? I remember last time when I finally got a pair or actual maternity jeans, but the band was soooo ugly I hated, and the jeans weren't that great, I was so happy to have them when I needed them, and so adamant about *not* wearing them afterwards, kwim? I'm thinking these might have a longer lifespan, although they probably wouldn't work at the end....

jammytoast
05-24-2012, 01:00 PM
i've got 2 pair of these and like them, although they do slide down a wee bit after wearing all day esp if I've been sitting a lot. Non pregnant, the waistband sits pretty much on my belly button and there's not a lot of stretch, just supportive 'smoothness'. I really like how flat they lay under shirts.

Not sure how they'd slide down if you had them go under a belly, but the structure of the pants is def in the hips.

That said, they're really tight to pull over the hips/butt. Personally, I turned 6 mo pg in my butt right after the 2WW, :p so I would be able to get SOME transition wear out of them but not forever. Would be very very nice post partum pants, as long as you didnt have a c-section.

I DO really like how flat they lay and always grab them when I'm wearing a clingy shirt.

echoesofspring
05-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I ended up getting the capris yesterday at Nordstrom, I'm really happy with them - even wore them out of the store. And I'm not really a capri person, generally I don't think they look good on me. I know what you're saying about laying smooth under a shirt. They do slide a little bit I'm finding so yeah, I'm not sure they are going to work once I've got a belly rather than just a little chubbiness, but they will be great PP.