PDA

View Full Version : Stop talking about your playdates in front of me!!!

wencit
05-24-2012, 03:03 PM
You know, the ones I haven't been invited to? It's so rude and makes me feel like crap!

I just moved back to this city after living on the East Coast for a couple of years. DS1 is overflowed to a different neighborhood school, and I've become pretty friendly with a few moms. However, it really, really bugs me that they will talk about their weekend playdates so openly in front of me. Or, they will make plans for a Moms' Night Out, with me standing right there! Geez!

I can almost understand the school moms being this way, because I've only known them a couple of months, and chances are that we will eventually move back to our own neighborhood school, so I can kind of understand that they wouldn't want to put in a ton of effort to get to know me. But one of these moms is someone I thought was a good friend from before I moved. Would it kill her to just say, "Hey, we're going for a MNO, do you want to join us?" Especially since they all seem so friendly to me otherwise, and are making plans with ME STANDING RIGHT THERE.

Talk about making me feel soooo uncomfortable! I feel like utter crap. Whenever this happens, I just pretend to be busy with DS2 or not hear what they're saying, but it stings. Badly.

BDKmom
05-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Oh, how rude! So sorry they are doing this to you. I hate cr@p like that.

lmh2402
05-24-2012, 03:13 PM
that sucks. of course it stings. i don't know why people can be so rude sometimes. honestly. i'm sorry you feel badly :hug: :hug:

kozachka
05-24-2012, 03:33 PM
That really sucks! Hugs.

boolady
05-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Despite knowing that it happens all the time, I never fail to be amazed that adults have manners this poor. This sort of thing stinks, and it really is just that-- bad, bad manners. Ugh. Sorry.

boltfam
05-24-2012, 04:04 PM
I never understand why people do that! So rude.

missprettychemist
05-24-2012, 04:18 PM
"that sounds like fun, what should I bring?"

That might clue them in....

mackmama
05-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Oh I'm so sorry. That is just so rude and thoughtless. That would (and has) hurt my feelings, too.

Would you ever be comfortable inviting yourself along? Something like "I'd love to come along next time you all get together - it sounds fun!"