PDA

View Full Version : Grr Facebook

niccig
05-24-2012, 08:10 PM
I like being able to see what family/friends around the world are doing, but I am so not a fan when someone tries to friend me/puts me as a certain relationship status that I will not accept. I ignore it and I know they know I'm ignoring it. I feel guilty for ignoring but I'm not accepting someone as a friend that I don't want or saying you're my family when you're not. It's nice you feel that way about me, but I don't feel that way and facebook won't guilt me into going along with it. Sorry.

MamaMolly
05-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Oh heck yes. Just like stepmom listing me as daughter. Really? Daughter? I'm not getting the warm fuzzies, lady. Why? Maybe because I was in my thirties when she married dad, she's his THIRD wife, and oh yeah! My mom is still alive. :irked:

niccig
05-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Oh heck yes. Just like stepmom listing me as daughter. Really? Daughter? I'm not getting the warm fuzzies, lady. Why? Maybe because I was in my thirties when she married dad, she's his THIRD wife, and oh yeah! My mom is still alive. :irked:

Yikes..what did you do? I've ignored my request - I didn't see it for days and hope she never asks me about it.

momm
05-25-2012, 07:24 AM
I doubt people will realize you are ignoring it.

I had several requests that I didn't get notifications for, and happened upon them when looking for something else. If ever confronted you can claim ignorance of the finer details of the website ;)

MamaMolly
05-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Yikes..what did you do? I've ignored my request - I didn't see it for days and hope she never asks me about it.

I rolled my eyes and pretended not to see it. Don't get me wrong, this is the Stepmom I actually like. It just seems so forced to list me as daughter. I wouldn't have this issue if she'd just said stepdaughter.

hellokitty
05-25-2012, 08:24 AM

I feel your pain. My mil refers to me as her, "daughter." So, she will introduce me to ppl and say, "this is my daughter." I will tack on, "I'm her daughter IN LAW." She always gets pissed and gives me a dirty look. We do not get along and I don't want ppl thinking I'm actually related to her. She does the same thing to my sil, who also hates it.

AnnieW625
05-25-2012, 02:33 PM
DH's cousins, some of whom I have never personally met or don't know me well have tried to add me as cousins. I just ignore the request most of the time.

I will say though that I really touched when my brother's best friend added me as his sister. Those three kids (him, his older sister, and younger sister) are truly as close to having more siblings as I have ever gotten. We do feel like siblings, and we argue like siblings as well so it feels fine, but yeah in general I do hear you.