PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of pottery Barn kids crib sheets?

newmomga
05-25-2012, 10:05 AM
I am looking at purchasing crib sheets and a crib skirt from pottery Barn kids.. For my DD I purchased bedding from babybedding.com and loved it, but it is so expensive. I saw that pottery Barn has cute bedding much cheaper than babybedding.com. Does the elastic on pottery barn crib sheets go all the way around? Do the sheets hold up? Thanks for your input.

Sarah

TwinFoxes
05-25-2012, 10:13 AM
We had the super soft ones, I can't remember what they were called. They were very nice, and lasted 3+ years, and we didn't have that many sets. I don't remember if the elastic went all the way around, but they were very easy to get on, and they stayed put.

mommylamb
05-25-2012, 10:20 AM
I think they're pretty nice. We have the soft ones that TwinFoxes mentioned, and also a set of their flannel sheets. One of the flannel sheets recently tore pretty badly, but it had been the one DS1 uses at school for naptime, so it was washed a lot over the nearly 5 years of its life, especially when they had a few kids who got lice at the school because we were taking all bedding home and washing it every day for a while there.

SnuggleBuggles
05-25-2012, 10:24 AM
We had the super soft ones, I can't remember what they were called. They were very nice, and lasted 3+ years, and we didn't have that many sets. I don't remember if the elastic went all the way around, but they were very easy to get on, and they stayed put.

:yeahthat: no complaints on my PBK sheets. I don't think all around elastic matters much if the sheet fits right.

Neatfreak
05-25-2012, 10:35 AM
They were my favourite. I had two - one of the super-soft chamois ones and then a regular cotton woven one - and they more than held up for both of my kids (so, 5+ years of use).

swrc00
05-25-2012, 10:37 AM
I love them. I ended up buying them at a consigment sale and by far they have washed the best and still look great.

mom2khj
05-25-2012, 10:44 AM
I love PBK sheets! They get softer and softer each time they are washed!

rin
05-25-2012, 11:24 AM
We inherited about 5 PBK crib sheets from my aunt, who used them with her twins. The elastic on one set has started to go, but the others are all in mint condition, and even the one with the fraying elastic still actually fits the mattress fine, it's just getting a little funky looking on the one edge. All of them are super soft and snuggly, though, and are by far the best crib sheets I've used. After over half a decade of use, 3 kids, I'd say that's a pretty good track record for durability!

I am absolutely not the kind of person who spends a lot on baby bedding/furniture/decor (we got a secondhand IKEA crib off CL), but I would totally buy PBK sheets new based on my experience with them, and the comparison to all the others we've tried.

crl
05-25-2012, 11:45 AM
We have some I bought on clearance for dd. The elastic is only on the short ends, but I have not had any trouble with them not staying on. Ours are two years old now and have held up nicely. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

Catherine

AnnieW625
05-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Ours are 6 yrs. old and great. My favorite are the flannel ones they no longer make. We also have a gingham one. We used them for just over 2 yrs. with DD1, and now have been using them for another 2 with DD2.

A nice alternative to the PBK sheets are the TLCare Organic Cotton sheets (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2611726). They are more like a jersey weight, but I love them and the price is great too, $12. I believe you can only get them at Babies R Us. Mine are cream, and green, but we didn't know the sex of DD2 so I don't recall if they had any other boy or girl colors.

eta: ours are not organic cotton as I don't think they had organic sheets in 2006.

elektra
05-25-2012, 01:49 PM
I have been really happy with ours- I just ordered DS PBK sheets for his new twin bed.
We had the fuzzy soft crib sheet as well as a regular organic cotton one for him as well. Wish I would have done that for DD- her bedding was part of any expensive set and wasn't as nice as the PBK sheets.

AnnieW625
05-25-2012, 01:54 PM
I have been really happy with ours- I just ordered DS PBK sheets for his new twin bed.

if those don't work out, I highly recommend The Big One sheets from Kohls. They aren't super high thread count, maybe 250, but they are super nice. They come in all colors as well.

(sorry for the hijack!)

mommytoC
05-25-2012, 09:56 PM
We've used the same 4 PBK sheets (2 gingham and 2 chamois) for both our girls, and they still look great! DD#1 has chamois sheets for her twin bed, and DD#2 will
have both cotton and chamois sheets for hers. (We'll be setting up her "big girl" bed tomorrow :).)

Beth24
05-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Another :thumbsup: here. We have the chamois sheets and the cotton gingham and love them.

newmomga
05-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I will definitely go with PBK.

Megan
05-30-2012, 08:42 AM
That true as I too like PBK as till now I am comfortable with it. Just go for it.

janine
06-04-2012, 02:01 PM
I think I"m in the minority, but I find their standard sheets rough. I recently got the "mini dot" sheet which is 200 thread count and it's too course for my baby so I stopped using it. Now I'm wishing I had bought the chamois -she has lavendar colors so sometimes it's limited in terms of choices (can never find flannel).

newg
06-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Love ours! I was skeptical at first, but after buying a pink gingham crib sheet for DD1....it's all I bought for DD2. The elastic is only on the corners, but I've never had a problem with it. All of the sheets I have are the organic cotton and very soft.

babychi
06-13-2012, 02:38 PM
We have had great luck with them, they wash well and seem to soften with each wash. DD had the chambray ones for her crib and now has some for her big girl bed. I plan to get PBK ones for the next baby, as well.