PDA

View Full Version : Need recs on stroller (double or single w/ adaptor) for a very tall toddler & infant

MamaMT
05-25-2012, 06:28 PM
I am expecting my second baby in 3 weeks and am exploring my options for strollers. I already have a BOB single. I don't expect I will be requiring to stroll both of my boys together on a daily basis, just from time to time on family outings that require a lot of walking and in the airport or at theme parks. My older son is 2 1/2 and 37 inches tall so he's already pushing the height cut-off for most of the double strollers I've seen thus far. A friend of mine loves her Uppa baby single with the ride-on board accessory for her two kids but I may want to have to option for both boys to have a place to sit. The new uppa baby 2012 has a second seat adaptor that hooks on underneath but I think the weight limit is 35 lbs and my son is almost there. Any ideas?

ebjw
05-28-2012, 06:53 PM
We use our Vista with either the Piggyback (board) or Rumbleseat. You could purchase both and have the option for either handy (or neither if the 2 1/2 year old wants to walk). The Rumbleseats fit on 2009 and later. If you get a used one though, get a 2010 or later for an upright main seat. Or, get a 2011 on sale right now, I don't think you need to pay full price for a 2012.

hollissmama
05-28-2012, 07:51 PM
I honestly wouldn't suggest the rumbleseat if your kiddo is close to the weight limit, esp outside. The push is severly comprimised. If you need a double for all terrain use and longer walks I say go for a side by side versus tandem since the push is better, the Indie Twin is a really nice full featured option. If you think a tandem would be nice so you can use it in singles mode then a B-ready is supposed to have the best push, trying it out inside a store with my 2 huge boys I definitely agree.
I think the Uppababy board is awesome but 2.5 is too young really to ride constinently. Plus you can't buckle them in! :)
Congrats too!

ckelly
05-28-2012, 10:29 PM
My dd is 40" and still has plenty of canopy room in the B-ready.

hoodlims
05-29-2012, 04:39 PM
My DD is 2 and 36" and is fine in the BOB, Bumbleride Indie Twin, and the B-Ready. She seemed the largest in the B-Ready seat though.

kaitlyns.mom
05-29-2012, 05:40 PM
DD still fits fine in our BJCM and she's 4 1/2 and 46" tall. We took it to Disney and she was perfectly comfortable. :) So maybe a BJCMD?