PDA

View Full Version : Back from DL!!!

zag95
05-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Got back from our whirlwind DL trip last night! We had so much fun!

DD, age 4, absolutely had a blast. Sunday she was so beat and so resistant to a nap. She fell asleep during dinner at 6:30p at Ralph Brennans, during jazz music in DTD!! We then proceeded to go around the park to do something for the evening. We attended the Disney firework show- which she slept through. She woke up as we were arriving back at the DL hotel- around 10p. She ate her cheeseburger (from dinner) and then chatted with us about how she was sad to miss the fireworks- and then went to bed about 11:30p!

Favorite character dining was Goofy's kitchen- food was good too!

Favorite rides of DD's: Dumbo, Carousel, Small World, Splash Mountain (lol!) and Ariel's Ride at DCA.

Probably least favorite ride: Toad's Wild Ride (mommy and daddy didn't really like it all that much either!)

Did really well on her first plane ride too- we were glad to have brought our car seat (for the 85 mph ride from airport to DL hotel - yikes:praying::eek:) from Long Beach airport to the DL hotel. Also, the Maclaren was a total lifesaver. Plus it held all kinds of stuff- drinks, jackets, etc. DD did get tired (probably from so much stimulation!!!!), so it was helpful to have.

One thing we did was order breakfast type stuff at Vons.com and had it delivered- we had bottled water, juice, milk, a few little pops, yogurt, fruit and cheese. It was nice to be able to pull out something in the morning before MM started, eat and then go! Ahhh, the benefits of having a in room fridge!

fivi2
05-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Sounds like a great trip! My girls hated Mr. Toad's also... We didn't try Splash Mountain.

Glad you had fun!

lalasmama
05-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a good trip!

I felt bad for not caring much about Mr Toad's bad driving... maybe because I didn't read the books growing up? No idea. But, at any rate, it wasn't my favorite either. :bag I hated Splash, but DD loved it. And Ariel was a favorite for us too, except her new hair :( I liked her ice cream 'do!

I think we may do Vons next time we are there for an extended stay. I just never got around to doing it last time, and I'm sure we spent the $50 Von's minimum at our twice-daily 7-11 stops!

Where'd you stay?

zag95
05-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Lalasmama-
We had the luxury of staying at the DL hotel- which is a first for me! My parents treated us to a trip- before the new baby arrives in the summer! They went with us, which helped navigate thru the airport, for lines, etc. Didn't spend too much time in CA even though we had a park hopper pass. We really only had about 2.5 days there (to use our passes- Sat, Sun, Mon), since we had to leave around 3p to get out to the airport!

It was pretty awesome- esp since it is so close! I have to say that the benefit of getting in 1 hr early is great- we were able to use 2 magic mornings- and got in around 7a instead of 8a. We went thru about 6-7 rides in Fantasyland before the rest of the visitors even got in! Some rides had no waits at all- we just went in and hopped on!

Vons was slick- we easily spent the money- got milk, cottage and string cheese, yogurt, fruit, bottled water, pop and juice. We had it delivered Friday night after we arrived-delivery was free- which was great!
Also, Goofy's Kitchen was what we did Fri night after we arrived- got to see lots of characters and get into the Disney concept! DD LOVED it!!! She wanted to go back to Goofy's kitchen again and was disappointed she couldn't dine there again!

Came back to the chilly NW- went from 80- to 60s..... brrr!