PDA

View Full Version : Accessorizing a black dress

acmom
05-29-2012, 08:37 AM
We are going to my cousin's wedding this week and I have a cute black dress to wear, but am struggling with how to accessorize it to make it a little more fun/summery. The wedding is fairly dressy (dark suits for men) but the ceremony is outside in a botanical garden (with a 5 minute walk from the parking lot in grass/dirt) with an evening reception inside to follow. The dress is simple, black v-neck, A-line.

Ideas? Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
05-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Fun shoes. In the winter, I wear red patent peep toes with my black dress or my bronze peep toes. Gold strappy sandals would be good in the summer. The Limited and Kohl's both have jewellery right now that featured gold and coral or gold and turquoise; both would be fun. Cuff braicelet, simple earrings and a bigger drop necklace that fits in the v or bigger earrings and bracelet and a really simple necklace (basically big earrings or bold necklace, pick one).

acmom
05-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Fun shoes. In the winter, I wear red patent peep toes with my black dress or my bronze peep toes. Gold strappy sandals would be good in the summer. The Limited and Kohl's both have jewellery right now that featured gold and coral or gold and turquoise; both would be fun. Cuff braicelet, simple earrings and a bigger drop necklace that fits in the v or bigger earrings and bracelet and a really simple necklace (basically big earrings or bold necklace, pick one).

Thanks! Gold sandals would be really fun and I could probably find some suitable for standing/walking in grass without sinking. And thanks for the Kolhs recommendation for jewelry right now - we have one really close and I like both those color combos you mentioned!

DrSally
05-29-2012, 10:45 PM
I like those suggestions. Also a colorful purse/clutch might be a nice addition.

vludmilla
05-29-2012, 11:38 PM
I just wore shiny red peep toe pumps with my black dress to a wedding. I received a lot of compliments about the outfit, largely because of the shoes.