PDA

View Full Version : What shoes do you wear at WDW parks in summer?

PAfirsttimemom
05-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Title says it all. Thanks!

kbud
05-29-2012, 11:29 AM
My fit flops are my favorite to wear. I even have a history of foot problems but they are awesome!

KLD313
05-29-2012, 11:32 AM
My fit flops are my favorite to wear. I even have a history of foot problems but they are awesome!

I have to agree. They're awesome.

georgiegirl
05-29-2012, 11:18 PM
I wore teva sandals. I bought them specifically for Disney. They are not my style at all, but they were very comfortable to wear in the heat for a week of walking everywhere. I never wear them at home unless I need a waterproof sandal for a lot of walking (which happens once or twice a summer.)

DrSally
05-29-2012, 11:30 PM
I would love to get a pair of fit flops. Next time I see them on sale or at NR, I will. I ended up wearing my birkenstocks. It didn't rain, so I was lucky (can't withstand the rain). I didn't have foot pain/fatigue at the end of the day. I didn't have as much trouble as I thought with strollers running into me (only DH really, lol).

kbud
05-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Oh yes, my Birkenstocks are also awesome. I used to always have to wear running shoes with my custom orthotics until I tried Birks and FitFlops. Thanks goodness since I live in FL now. I've also found the know off FitFlops to be just as good.

kochh2
06-05-2012, 06:49 AM
I'll swim against the stream and say I tend to wear sneakers and socks, though when in rains, I get wet, it just keeps me cool later- I am also looking for a pr. of Keen Venice's to act as sneakers to avoid that problem!!!

crl
06-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Well I went in November, but I wore sandals. A pair of dressier tevas alternated with a pair of dressier merrells. but I hate socks so I wear sandals a lot.

Catherine

peanut520
06-08-2012, 10:41 AM
I wore keens, birks, and reef flip flops. The day after I wore my reefs was the only day my back was a bit achy.

Roni
06-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I'll swim against the stream and say I tend to wear sneakers and socks, though when in rains, I get wet, it just keeps me cool later- I am also looking for a pr. of Keen Venice's to act as sneakers to avoid that problem!!!

I'm glad to hear you say that. I think I'm going to wear sneakers when I go in a couple weeks. I just feel like they will protect my feet better. I'm going to bring my Tevas, but I think I'll just wear them for the water parks and pool. I was starting to question myself, until I saw your post, so thanks! :)

MMMommy
06-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Our whole family always wears sneakers with socks to Disneyland (and to our Disneyworld trip). Great for the feet in terms of support and lots of walking. Also protects against the strollers that often times rammed against my heels when I wore sandals one time. Definitely sneakers!

bearwithme
06-21-2012, 09:38 PM
We all wore Keens - the full covered foot kind (like Newport or Venice). They worked great.