PDA

View Full Version : Just one of those days...

misshollygolightly
05-29-2012, 08:07 PM
...where DD and I both end up covered with TWO kinds of poop. (Short version: I set her down at the park while helping DS learn how to roll down a hill and DD managed to find, schmear, and otherwise wallow in a dog turd...which I didn't notice until after I'd already picked her up and held her next to me...and only in the process of futilely trying to wipe off the dog turd residue from both our selves did I notice DD had also managed to produce her very own stickbomb in the cloth diaper I'd stupidly dressed her in thinking that she'd already pooped once today and *surely* wouldn't have a #2 while we were at the park. And so I had to try to change her cloth dipe in the open trunk of my car while cleaning us both up as best I could with dried out old handy wipes. UGH. We drove straight home and DD and I jumped in the shower while DS stuffed his face with graham crackers. Oh, but not before DD managed to smear even *more* poop on the hall wall!)

Icing on the cake: just as DH was putting DS in bed this evening I realized that our central AC stopped working after apparently dumping copious amounts of water from the attic into our front room. UGH UGH UGH.

And my dog has fleas.

And yes...I have my dissertation defense in one week, and will now have even less time to prepare for it because I have to deal with the house cleanup and AC repair guy. *Sigh* Reaching for that twisty straw right now....

elephantmeg
05-29-2012, 08:49 PM
oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope tomorrow is a better day and good luck next week!

Seitvonzu
05-29-2012, 10:01 PM
oh my goodness! i'd be freaking out !!!! *hugs* have the drink if it helps :)

gcc2k
05-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Oh I feel so bad!! My a/c went out last night, too, but I didn't have the flood and the poo or a dissertation to deal with. So sorry!

arivecchi
05-30-2012, 10:36 AM
OMG. That's a rough day! Hope things go smoothly from now on and good luck with your dissertation defense!

kristenk
05-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Oh, my goodness! That was quite a day. At least it's over now!

Hope today is much less wet and stinky!

mom3boys
05-31-2012, 12:15 AM
Sorry to hear it! I don't know why but there are some days where everything is just--messy--poop/vomit/leaks/food mess etc.

Here's hoping for a poop-free day tomorrow.

And good luck with the dissertation!