PDA

View Full Version : How are your kids liking their LeapPads?

essnce629
05-30-2012, 05:06 AM
It's been about 5 months since Christmas time, which is when a lot of kids got their LeapPads. Are your kids still interested in them? Have they held up well? Is the battery life a huge annoying problem? Would you buy them again?

I found $100 worth of B&N gift cards in my wallet and was thinking of getting DS2 (just turned 3 last week) a LeapPad. Good idea? Or use it on something else?

AlbrightRC
05-30-2012, 09:54 AM
My son got his at christmas (3 1/2) and he still loves it. I have two sets of rechargeable batteries that are dedicated strictly to his leappad so there is always a set in and a set ready to go. I definitly think it was worth the money since he is learning alot from it. He has even learned how to write his letters which we were having a hard time getting him to sit still and learn any other way.

katydid1971
05-30-2012, 11:01 AM
We don't have a Leappad but If I were you I would consider getting your son a small tablet instead like the nook color. There are more apps and they are less expensive and if you watch the discount board there are often free apps listed. I think its something both of your kids could get use from. JMO

essnce629
05-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Bumping since I know there's more LeapPad owners out there!

I'm not sure about getting a Nook color instead since we already have an iPad and a regular Kindle. I only want to spend our B&N gift cards on whatever I get.

Maybe I should just spend it on books!

DS1 already has an iPod Touch that could potentially be passed down to DS2 since DS1 has been begging for a DS for 3 years and said he would give up his iPod Touch if he got one for his birthday.

lmwbasye
05-30-2012, 08:54 PM
DS2 is 4 1/2 and still loves his and plays with it daily. We do have iPod touches and an iPad but DS has free access to the Leappad and does not to these. He enjoys it a lot and I don't worry as much about it getting broken or him getting into something inappropriate (like he can on the iPad with some of the games DH has on there). We use rechargeable batteries so have no problems there. I would definitely recommend it. :)

essnce629
06-05-2012, 03:56 AM
Ok, so I went ahead and just ordered it! I only had to pay $8 out-of-pocket so I figured why not? Now I need to get some rechargeable batteries.