PDA

View Full Version : Kinderpacks

swissair81
05-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Are they worth it? What is it about them that everyone loves so much? I know they have infant versions. Do I need that if I already have 45 gazillion mei tais?

wildfire
06-21-2012, 01:22 AM
I know this is a bit older...

I love my Kinderpack. I think it's the way the straps are designed with a little curve to them. I've tried other structured carriers and they don't fit me right (shoulder straps slide down, hit me wrong, etc.) and this one just fits.

If you are happy with a mei tai, you don't need one. If you want a buckle carrier that's faster to put on, etc, then give it a try. :)

doberbrat
06-22-2012, 04:03 PM
I really like my toddler kp. dd2 is a big girl. 30lbs at 2.5 but still worn regularily. I like that she fits well and that I can just swing her on when she's tired of walking.

Its not HER favorite carrier, but it is mine ;)

pastrygirl
06-22-2012, 04:11 PM
It's the straps for me. They are perfect. I've also had a Dream Carrier and a Bamberoo SSC, but neither one was as comfy as the KP.

I really like buckles, so I never had a MT. I wanted something I could get on quickly.

drmeb
06-27-2012, 12:46 PM
I love the length of the KP straps (we have a standard/standard right now). They are just perfect for me. My DS is also pretty tall, and the KP is the only carrier we've tried that is still knee-to-knee coverage for him (he outgrew the Pikkolo and Ergo before he hit a year old. Plus, the Ergo straps were too long for me, and I'm 5'4").

I think if you are happy with your Mei Tais, then use those. But if you are looking for a soft structured carrier, then try a Kinderpack. I think the fit of carriers can be so personal, though--what works well for someone else might not work well for you. So, if you can try one before you buy it, that would be better.