PDA

View Full Version : Would you do Zumba

Mopey
05-30-2012, 12:06 PM
at home while the baby naps?

I am bigger than I have ever been since being pregnant, and was never in good shape before that anyway (have always carried 30+ extra pounds). I am truly uncomfortable and keep thinking about feeling better. Not to mention all the cute clothes in storage and how my $ is better spent on Pampers than new clothes in bigger sizes.

I was a dancer (and it sounds like I have the right shoes for Zumba) and have been interested in it before. I have the help of grandparents and my hubby when I am working but I need a fat-burning workout I can do at home when alone.

Is Zumba too loud? Miss Mopey's morning nap is her best so I could see doing it then.....How long is it?

Would love any advice and experience. Really, really dying to get my ass in gear (and it's getting too hot out)!

TIA as usual :)

TwinFoxes
05-30-2012, 12:17 PM
No experience with at home Zumba, but I did Wii Fit while DDs napped to get back into shape. I think it's a great idea. I don't know why it would have to be too loud, couldn't you just turn down the volume?

MommyAllison
05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
I have this set of DVDs: http://www.amazon.com/Zumba-Fitness-Total-Transformation-System/dp/B002HZ4XMC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1338396064&sr=8-2 it looks like there is a new version now. On my set, there are two 20 minute workouts and a couple of 60 minute workouts (which are easy to split in half or thirds if you only have 20-30 minutes). I don't think they are too loud, music wise, for nap time - I often did them in the morning before my kids were up. They are fun workouts - I really need to start using them again!

SnuggleBuggles
05-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Do it! Babies can sleep through lots! Plus, I prefer to keep the house normal noisy during the day and not tip toe around baby. :). Zumba is fun!