PDA

View Full Version : When it rains, it pours....

HIU8
05-31-2012, 10:15 AM
My car's alternator died and a cable went bad on Tuesday. Had the car repaired and all is well. Last night my washing machine died right when it was about to start the rinse cycle. So this morning I had to ring out a load of clothes to take to the laudromat to wash again and dry. Laudromat is closed on Thursdays. Sears comes on Saturday to fix my lovely washer. It's a top loader with an agitator. The agitator motor went last year and the repair was not that pricey (under $200). I'm hoping it's not a huge expense this time b/c you know if I have to replace the washer, I'm going to want a new dryer as well. Caveat: my w/d are 8 yrs old and they are middle of the line kenmore (not front loading or digital or anything fancy). If I have to replace I really would like a front loader.

boltfam
05-31-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry....that stinks. Hoping everything gets fixed and stays fixed.

niccig
05-31-2012, 02:36 PM
I hope they can fix them and it isn't much. I've needed the repairman out a couple of times and I hope for something major as would love to get a new matching set in pretty colours, but it's always been something simple to fix. Repairman told me they'll last 20 years, we've had them 10 years. They're basic models, no electrical panel etc. He told me to not get a front loader like I want, as they require more repairs and it costs more to fix them. So, I'm glad I have the basic models that just never seem to die.

KrisM
05-31-2012, 03:00 PM
It always goes that way, doesn't it? Our lawnmower died on a Friday and the printer went on Sunday.

HIU8
05-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Yes it does. Add to it I just got some not so good medical news about myself.

crl
05-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Yes it does. Add to it I just got some not so good medical news about myself.

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that.

Catherine