PDA

View Full Version : overnight diaper for 3.5 y.o.

ssgg
05-31-2012, 04:29 PM
My 3.5 y.o. DD currently wears Huggies Overnight size 6 overnight only. She is potty trained in the daytime. The size 6 is becoming small but it's the largest they make. These diapers have worked perfectly for her for a long time. What would be the next larger diaper to use? The GoodNights? The Pull Ups for Nighttime? She is about 30 lbs but the size 6 is too tight now.

Suggestions?
Thanks!

plusbellelavie
05-31-2012, 04:47 PM
I am having the same issue with my DS who is also 3.5 and potty trained during the daytime. I just ordered a box of Pampers size 7 from Sam's Club...haven't gotten them yet so I can't comment on if it works better or not but on the nights that DS does pee the size 6 tend to leak so I am hoping bigger will be better for that reason. FYI DS2 is 44lbs and 43inch (big guy).

If you don't want to order such a big box just in case it doesn't work for your DD you can get a smaller pack or the larger ones from Drugstore.com.

I have also ordered the Pamper UnderJams to see if they work "better"...I think it is going to make easier to take him to the bathroom before I go to bed to pee but I wasn't sure if he did pee if they would leak...so I guess it will be a bit trial and error.

HTH

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/search/searchResults.jsp?searchCategoryId=all&searchTerm=diapers+7&fromHome=yes&_requestid=314856

http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?N=0&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntk=All&srchtree=1&Ntt=pampers+7&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

hoodlims
05-31-2012, 04:54 PM
my gf uses the Underjams because her 2 year old is about 40lbs and maybe about 40in already and was leaking like crazy through a regular diaper with a regular overnight on top of it. They have had good luck with the Underjams.

zag95
05-31-2012, 11:10 PM
I'd use pull ups. You might just try regular ones and restrict fluids before bed, or have your child use the bathroom before bed. Good nights are after pull ups in sizing.....

catsnkid
06-01-2012, 02:26 PM
DC started PTing, and started getting resistant to wearing diapers now. I have had good luck with pullups. I have been trying the Huggies overnight pullups and it seems to work a little bit better than the regular ones, but the regular pullups seem fine. REgular Huggies seems a bit better than pampers pullups.

longtallsally05
06-01-2012, 04:29 PM
We're still battling bedwetting. Goodnights work best at our house. When we no longer need diapers or pullups it will be like getting a raise!