PDA

View Full Version : Why oh Why cant we get a house?????!!!!

cindys
06-01-2012, 12:39 PM
As you all know our house hunting is making me cuckoo...

Once again we found a great house, a foreclosure that was everything we wanted...The house had been gutted and everything was brand new..

New hardwoods, tile, granite, finished basement with full bath and fireplace, 4 bedrooms (2 with their own bathroom) 1/2 bath, huge screened in porch, huge sunroom with a stone fireplace, living room with stone fireplace and it was on 15 acres!

House was bought for $625,000 in 2004 and the bank was selling for $191,000!!

House went on the market on 5/25 we went to see it on 5/27 decided to make an offer on on 5/28..Before we could make the offer the house went under contract!

I could just scream...I mean I get you need to jump on these deals but jeesh cant we get a couple days to think things thru?? I guess the answer is NO :32::32::32: ..

I am so mad, frustrated and sick of losing houses we love!

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...20, 6 & 3 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

elbenn
06-01-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry that you didn't get the house. Maybe their contract will fall through. I'm not surprised that a house that sold for $625,000 and is now selling for $191,000 went fast! There aren't those kind of bargains in my area.

sariana
06-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Don't give up! Houses fall out of escrow all the time. Did you ask if you could put in a "back-up offer"? If the current contract fails to close, you could be next in line. Even if they won't accept back-up offers, keep an eye out. All kinds of things can happen.

I'm so sorry house hunting is sucking. Around here houses sit on the market forever. Our property values are severely depressed, but fortunately there is a fairly low turnover rate in our neighborhood. People are just staying put. We don't have any areas with 15 acres of property, though.

WatchingThemGrow
06-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Oh, I totally feel for you! We've had sucky luck too, and our POD arrives in ONE HOUR. Our tenants arrive next weekend. We are screwed.

P&PT that we both find a house that suits us perfectly asap!

cindys
06-01-2012, 01:11 PM
All our stuff has been in a POD for 2 yrs! I am ready to unleash it all..I miss my things.

And we also have tenants so I feel your pain, I truly do!

And yes I will be hoping you find your perfect house too and somewhere where you can all be together ( I read your other thread :))

Cindy

Staraglimmer
06-01-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm sorry. I bought a foreclosure, sadly, no, you don't get time to think about it. We lost a ton of them, the only reason we have a house is we jumped on one the day we saw it. Really good deals don't sit around long. The right house us waiting for you! You will know right away! Good luck!

-Stephanie
Mommy to Hailey Michelle 4/08
& a new addition due 7/1/12

lhafer
06-01-2012, 01:37 PM
If you only waited 24 hours, then your real estate agent should have known another offer was put on the house. Sorry you missed your window. And the market is picking back up in a lot of areas, and there's isn't time to think about it. If you want it, you have to jump on it then.

Fingers crossed you find your perfect house soon and get it!!

cindys
06-01-2012, 01:50 PM
This particular house was thru Fannie Mae Homepath...You dont know if other offers have been made until you submit yours.

We didnt even get a chance to submit and it was gone.

So, the search continues.....

Cindy

arivecchi
06-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm sorry! I cannot believe you are having so much trouble. :(

kristenk
06-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm sorry that house didn't work out for you, but hopefully you'll find your dream home soon.

I've been surprised at how quickly houses are selling around me. My next door neighbor's house went on the market officially on a Saturday and they had three offers by Sunday.

Tinochka
06-01-2012, 05:33 PM
I never saw such kind of deals in my area. We made an offer on a foreclosure house only to find out, that there is another couple involved, backed off (because there were no deal in that kind of situation and a house needed some work: windows, a roof, quirky basement). Then we learnt that the bank didn’t except other couple offer, but several days later it was lowered in price...
I’ve to agree that nice houses and good deals are moving fast. You need to make up your minds quick and there is no guarantee that you’ll not have a bidding war. While looking at other houses and opportunities, keep an eye at this house, discuss with your realtor, what can be done if any, so, he is aware of your high interest.
Good luck!

kozachka
06-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm sorry. We lost a ton of them, the only reason we have a house is we jumped on one the day we saw it. Really good deals don't sit around long. The right house us waiting for you! You will know right away! Good luck!

-Stephanie

:yeahthat: except in our case it was losing rental properties. In one case the other family was willing to sign a 3 rather than 1 year lease and prepay for a year (while we offered 6 months prepayment), and in another case we saw the property at 2 pm on Sunday and submitted application on Monday evening, and it was rented already. We learned our lessons about what places/prices were good for the area, and to take action right away if we really like something. The way I justified the losses to myself, is that there must have been something wrong with all the places that we lost, or else we would not have hesitated. The reality is that we did lose a few good ones while we were learning to navigate this super competitive situation. And it sucked. Hugs.

HannaAddict
06-04-2012, 07:23 PM
For a nice bank owned house that is under market, you have to move fast. We had stalked a house and called the bank the day the builder lost it and made an offer within 12 hours, as soon as we saw it. Lots of other buyers were circling too, great high end house but builder stubborn and didn't cut his losses. We are total looky lou's though, so know more about the houses in our area and their stories, what they are worth than any realtor
I've met. Red Fin and county assessor records and recorder's office and court records are your friend! Good luck on the next one.