PDA

View Full Version : S/O other threads about cup size & tankinis + skirts that age...

ourbabygirl
06-01-2012, 01:42 PM
if you have a small chest, what type of swimsuit do you wear?

I've always worn a one-piece because I've never had much on top to be able to wear a bikini (I'm usually about a 34B, but may be less now that I'm weaning). Then when I was pregnant & nursing I wore a tankini and swim skirt (just a skimpy one, not a big full one or anything). I still don't want to wear a bikini and will probably skip a tankini & skirt due to the 'aging' thing, and also it's easier to take off a wet one piece than a wet tankini top (impossible to pull off by myself because it sticks to my body).

So I think I'll try to find a cute, figure flattering one-piece- any suggestions? I'd like at least a little padding in the top, and a non-halter style one because the strap bothers me behind my neck & hair.
I lean towards classics like brown, navy, black, and plum... maybe some polka dots in there... because I have pale skin and brown hair.
Any suggestions? What type of suit do you wear if you have smaller 'ladies' :)? Any cute style and color or pattern that you'd recommend?

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
06-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Not in the smaller category but surprised that you find 1 pieces easier to deal with! I hate having to use the bathroom in a wet 1 piece- such a pain to pull that all off. Plus, I like the ability to mix and match bottoms and tops thus can't commit to a one piece. :)
Good places to look:
Boden
Garnet Hill
Athleta
Title Nine

eta- I think Bandeau tops are cute.

AnnieW625
06-01-2012, 01:55 PM
My ideal suit would be a tank suit with a higher leg and if it has to have cups the cups would have to be sized or underwire. They made a lot of those kind of suits in the 90s. I hate shelf bras.

Since having DD2 I have worn a halter tankini from Roxy with regular bikini bottoms, a Lands End tankini with traditional straps, and a plain black Speedo tank suit. I just ordered another halter tankini suit from Boden, which I linked in the other post. The Boden suit I ordered has a navy, and a red polka dot option as well. I also almost ordered a bandeau suit from them, but decided not to at the last minute because I wasn't sure I would like the color.