PDA

View Full Version : I know the BOB Dualie is best....

okinawama
06-01-2012, 03:48 PM
but I have waited for the past 5 months to find a used one ( and I have people in 5 different locations on the look out) and there hasn't been a single listing. I absolutely can't afford a new Dualie, and I was optimistic that with all my contact I could find one, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

My workout is suffering because the gym has a policy that if the child cries for 20 minutes straight they call the parent out. Needless to say, my 13 month old son scoffs 20 minutes and 90% of the time I'm getting called out (which really this is a whole other post). I'm training for a 10k, and I need a minimum of 1hr, so I'm planning to start running outside.

So, all that to say I've found a used Schwinn Arrow fixed wheel stroller for 90.00 and it is in excellent condition. Does anyone have any experience with this stroller? I plan to use it solely for morning runs. It would stay open in my garage (so fold isn't important to me). I have a single BOB revolution (which I am not interested in selling/trading) I use for neighborhood walks while my 3yr old rides his bike, or in a tight situation my 3yr old rides on the foot rest. I have a single Maclaren and a double Maclaren that I use for shopping/short inside trips. As you can see, I really only need this for running, what do you think? Will it be sufficient?

swissair81
06-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't know anything about Schwinn strollers, but I have to disagree that BOB is the undisputed best. If you would put that up for discussion here, you would find some heated discussion from the Mountain Buggy, Valco, and Bumbleride fans.

okinawama
06-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Oops, not intending at all to start a debate! I just began looking for a BOB because in my area the chance of finding a bob, which is the most recognized jogging stroller, is incredibly difficult and I knew another brand would be virtually impossible! I've at least seen a handful of BOBs, I've never seen any valco, bumbler rides or MB.

It's kind of a moot point anyway because the scwinn has already sold :/ people are just so desperate for double joggers around here they go quickly.

elektra
06-01-2012, 05:51 PM
If you are in SoCal, I am about to put mine up on CL! PM me if you are interested. :)

okinawama
06-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I WISH! I'm in the middle of the dessert in a town of less than 20,00 people. This is probably a silly question , but do people on CL ship (I'm clearly a CL newbie, we don't actually have a CL in my town, I'm just looking in surrounding cities....the closest one being 2 hours away)?

swissair81
06-01-2012, 05:56 PM
I WISH! I'm in the middle of the dessert in a town of less than 20,00 people. This is probably a silly question , but do people on CL ship (I'm clearly a CL newbie, we don't actually have a CL in my town, I'm just looking in surrounding cities....the closest one being 2 hours away)?

Not usually.

crl
06-01-2012, 06:22 PM
You might find something on swap or stollerista and they usually will ship. . . .

Catherine

okinawama
06-01-2012, 06:46 PM
You might find something on swap or stollerista and they usually will ship. . . .

Catherine

ooh, I've never heard of this...off to research! Thanks for the heads up!

legaleagle
06-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Myhabit has the tike tech doubles up for $329 - not sure how great they are for hardcore running though, with the swivel wheel. .http://www.myhabit.com/ref=pe_218450_24170590_qd_de_cur_t_l1_b#page=b&dept=kids&sale=A3VFBK1U9DP1ZJ

crl
06-01-2012, 09:46 PM
ooh, I've never heard of this...off to research! Thanks for the heads up!

Swap is a yahoo group, anyone can join. Stollerista is an off-shoot of this board, I think you meet the criteria. I think poohbear can help you with that one, if I am remembering correctly. I have no idea what is available on either right now, but you could always check. Also, you could check eBay. I'm not a huge eBay fan, but eBay sellers generally do ship.

Catherine

okinawama
06-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks so much everyone for the help. I was feeling very discouraged when I initially wrote my post, but I'm feeling like I still have some more options to pursue! Thanks!

spannaz
06-02-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't know anything about Schwinn strollers, but I have to disagree that BOB is the undisputed best. If you would put that up for discussion here, you would find some heated discussion from the Mountain Buggy, Valco, and Bumbleride fans.

I think for what the OP is wanting to use it for, the BOB Duallie would be the undisputed best. You shouldn't do hardcore running with the Trimode Twin, Indie Twin or MB Duo, and the Terrain doesn't come in a double version. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hapimommy
06-02-2012, 05:43 PM
I just wanted to point out that if you are going to be only running with this stroller, you should be looking at a fixed wheel instead of a swivel. Though revolution duallies are awesome, bob specifically designed a double stroller for runners, called the ironman duallie.

Multimama
06-02-2012, 08:21 PM
I just wanted to point out that if you are going to be only running with this stroller, you should be looking at a fixed wheel instead of a swivel. Though revolution duallies are awesome, bob specifically designed a double stroller for runners, called the ironman duallie.

:yeahthat: I haven't read all the replies, but if I was going to use a stroller pretty much exclusively for running I would definitely get a fixed wheel. The good news is that fixed wheels seem to pop up on CL a lot more often than swivel wheel. I think Baby Jogger used to make fixed wheel stroller designed for actual jogging too and those seem to come up more than Bobs.

hoodlims
06-04-2012, 12:16 AM
i also think you want a Duallie. I recently headed off to the beach with my friends and their 2 kiddos. They have a Duallie and the combined weight of their kids is probably about 65lbs. I have an Indie Twin and the combined weight of my kids is more like 50lbs. The Bumbleride was definitely a harder and heavier push. Now i am considering the Duallie instead (but I don't run, so it isn't very necessary).

okinawama
06-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Welp, I did it. I bought a brand spankin new Duallie...YIKES! They were on sale on amazon for 509.00 and free super saver shipping. I have to break the news to my DH, so we'll see. Would amazon take back the BOB (unused obviously) if we can't get the money together to keep it?

p.s I just signed up for my first half marathon. It was what pushed me over the edge (well, that and the notification of the sale. It was a sign :) )

crl
06-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Pretty sure Amazon has free returns on strollers, probably depends on whether you bought it from Amazon or an Amazon seller? Hope you can keep it and that you love it! And go, you, on the half marathon!

Catherine