PDA

View Full Version : DS wetting pants

DietCokeLover
06-01-2012, 04:23 PM
DS is 4.5. He has been PT'd (day and night) since before he turned 3. In the last couple of weeks, he has been wetting his underwear and pants. It hasn't been an excessive amount, but almost like he doesn't get there soon enough, or doesn't empty his bladder enough and dribbles out some afterward. I can't figure out which it is or if that is the problem.

I've tried to ask him what is happening, but he doesn't seem to be able to give me an answer.

Today, we went to the library. I told him to go before we left home. He did. But, not 15 minutes later, sitting at the library computer, he wet his pants.

I'm at a loss. No significant changes in our lives other than school ended a little over a week ago. I don't know what to do with/ for him.

What do you think? Do you think he needs to be seen by a doctor? Or is this just a normal thing?

crl
06-01-2012, 04:32 PM
There was recently a thread about constipation and how difficult it can be to tell if a child is constipated and that it can cause pee accidents. I'd find that thread and see if it seems possible. I'd also consider a UTI?

Catherine

misshollygolightly
06-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I wonder about constipation also. Is he rushing at the potty so as not to miss out on other stuff? Maybe he isn't slowing down enough to really finish emptying his bladder?

DietCokeLover
06-01-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't think he is constipated. What does a uti look like in a boy?

Tinochka
06-01-2012, 09:36 PM
There was recently a thread about constipation and how difficult it can be to tell if a child is constipated and that it can cause pee accidents. I'd find that thread and see if it seems possible. I'd also consider a UTI?

Catherine

I was also thinking the same...

crl
06-01-2012, 09:39 PM
I would check out this thread before ruling out constipation.

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=427611&highlight=Constipation

Catherine

ellies mom
06-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Definitely check out constipation. My youngest was never what you would consider constipated (she didn't go every day but it was always soft) but she started to have the same problem. It was maddening . So I gave her 1/2-1 dose of Miralax for a few days to get things going. It was like night and day. She still has accidents more than her sister did but not nearly as much as before.