PDA

View Full Version : What is your keychain?

mackmama
06-01-2012, 05:50 PM
How do you carry your keys... do you have a keychain? Just a plain key ring?

baymom
06-01-2012, 06:07 PM
A very simple 'Om' keychain on one set of keys and a key ring with a bit of blue ribbon tied around it on the other set. I need them to easily fit in my pocket, so not too bulky!

maestramommy
06-01-2012, 06:09 PM
On a small carabiner, which I clip to my purse. Along with pepper spray, a couple of saver card, library card.

ilfaith
06-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Until a few months ago I was using a 30-year-old Mickey Mouse keychain. It was a brass Mickey on a letter I (my first initial) attached to a leather fob. The leather fob disintegrated about a decade ago, And Mickey's feet broke off somewhere along the line, but I just kept the brass part attached to a plain key ring that held my keys. Recently, the brass link broke and while I bent it back into place to reattach it to my keys, the keychain eventually snapped off and was lost somewhere.

I have yet to buy a replacement. So my keys are just attached to the fob that opens my car.

AnnieW625
06-01-2012, 06:26 PM
This is mine, I can't do small.

I started out with the flower chain, but then I added the zodiac sign, and my sister gave me the initial. It drives my DH nuts, but it is soo much easier for me to carry that around. I have my gym card, and some grocery cards on it as well. I do like it for the gym because it isn't something I will easily drop. When I am outdoors running I just take my car key off and tie it on my shoe lace or a necklace and put the rest away sight unseen.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7220/7316911594_48725806f0_m.jpg

mackmama
06-01-2012, 06:29 PM
So my keys are just attached to the fob that opens my car.

:yeahthat: I recently lost my keys at a playground - I think they got buried in the sand or a child picked them up - so I've been thinking about getting a larger keychain to make them easier to find if I drop them.

SnuggleBuggles
06-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Simple rings. I want things that easily fit in my pocket and are light weight for comfort and to protect the car (too heavy is supposed to be bad).

stinkyfeet
06-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Simple ring with small carbiner..keys include car, house, and mailbox. That's it!

JBaxter
06-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Long blue disney lanyard I loose my keeps all the time I need big and bight to find them.

smiles33
06-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I bought a cute wristlet keychain from etsy so I can wear my keys like a bracelet. It was so handy when DDs were younger as I don't always have pockets and don't carry my purse for drop-off/pick-up. Probably time to get a new one as the pretty peony fabric is stained and faded now.

ellies mom
06-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I have a Micro Leatherman and the security fob for my car. I only have four keys (both cars, house, mailbox) though so still pretty compact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pear
06-01-2012, 08:10 PM
I have a small disk with rings that pop in and out if it easily for each key. I got it over a decade ago when I started having to valet park my car at work. I still use it even though my keys are now firmly ensconced in a pocket of my wallet since a combination of an intelligent key and always entering my home through the garage means I go weeks or even months without touching my keys.

belovedgandp
06-01-2012, 08:18 PM
A small carabiner and basic ring. My primary ring only has van key, remote entry, and house key on it. I keep my van stocked with everything I could ever need, but tend to travel light, so I have a small wristlet wallet that I can hook these keys onto for ease.

randomkid
06-01-2012, 08:36 PM
I bought a cute wristlet keychain from etsy so I can wear my keys like a bracelet. It was so handy when DDs were younger as I don't always have pockets and don't carry my purse for drop-off/pick-up. Probably time to get a new one as the pretty peony fabric is stained and faded now.

:yeahthat: Except I bought mine at a craft fair type event and mine is brown with pink polka dots. It was awesome when DD was little. I could just loop it over my wrist and pick her up/carry her. It did take me a while to stop panicking momentarily thinking that I had lost my keys! Sort of like looking for your glasses when you are wearing them :rotflmao: Mine is also getting grungy, but I love it and am so used to it that I can't imagine being without one. I just loop it over my wrist when I pick DD up from school and can easily carry out her backpack and whatever other wonderful projects come home from school. I don't ever worry about laying my keys down somewhere and forgetting them because I am too busy carrying out all that other cr@p!

wellyes
06-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Car key, house key, small gym check-in thingy. A carabiner is a good idea.

KrisM
06-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Until a few months ago I was using a 30-year-old Mickey Mouse keychain. It was a brass Mickey on a letter I (my first initial) attached to a leather fob. The leather fob disintegrated about a decade ago, And Mickey's feet broke off somewhere along the line, but I just kept the brass part attached to a plain key ring that held my keys. Recently, the brass link broke and while I bent it back into place to reattach it to my keys, the keychain eventually snapped off and was lost somewhere.

I have yet to buy a replacement. So my keys are just attached to the fob that opens my car.

I had one like that, but Goofy. I wonder where it is now. I bet I still have it somewhere.

I forgot I have one of those. I only use it in the summer when I don't have coat pockets.

Otherwise, I have just a plain circle key chain. Nothing else. I have 2 car keys, 1 key fob, 1 remote start, 1 house key and that's it.

Penny's Pappa
06-01-2012, 09:01 PM
I have a small carabiner with three separate key rings: one for my car key and fob; one for my wife's car key and fob; and one to hold the house key, office key, etc. Since I no longer use a European carry all, I put the carabiner on my belt loop.

crl
06-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Just on the ring with my car fob. I stuff them in my front jeans pocket occasionally and don't need any extra stuff. I only have the house key and the car key on there.

Catherine

oneplustwo
06-01-2012, 10:36 PM

:yeahthat:

I have two of the wristlet key fobs from Jimmy Pickles on esty that I have loved to death (literally). I couldn't find quite what I was looking for on JimmyPickles recently so I just this week ordered a new key fob for myself from another etsy shop, SewMuchDetail (first time ordering from there), along with some key fobs for several of DD's music teachers. They were shipped out yesterday, can't wait to get them.

SewMuchDetail: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SewMuchDetail

JimmyPickles: http://www.etsy.com/shop/JimmyPickles?ref=ss_profile

LOVE the wristlet style. So easy to wear my keys on my wrist when running into a store for a quick errand. And easier to find the keys in my big bag b/c of the large loop.

mom2khj
06-01-2012, 10:42 PM
I have a Vera Bradley key ring along with a James Avery key ring with my alma mater's logo.

MamaInMarch
06-01-2012, 11:07 PM
I have one that comes apart. Vehicle keys and remote are on one end, house keys on the other. I like it because if I lock the house and then start the car and have forgotten something I don't have to turn off the a/c or heat after the kids are buckled/settled.

It is just like this:
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/travel/travelEssentials?productId=10021554

wendibird22
06-02-2012, 01:50 PM
I have one that comes apart. Vehicle keys and remote are on one end, house keys on the other. I like it because if I lock the house and then start the car and have forgotten something I don't have to turn off the a/c or heat after the kids are buckled/settled.

It is just like this:
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/travel/travelEssentials?productId=10021554

Mine is sort of like this. It's from the car dealer. I have my car key and fob and DH's key (which is a key/fob combo) on one end and my house key and my mom's house key on the other end. DH hates it because it hangs down too long from the ignition and hits his knee. Doesn't do that to me and I like being able to just take the 1/2 that I need.

We also have a variety of lanyards and carabiners for when we go on walks and have no pockets.

jd11365
06-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Vera Bradley Viva Beads keychain. LOVE It!!
http://www.thelampstand.com/viva-beads-love-nature-key-chain-wrist.html

m448
06-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Veronica that leatherman micra looks cool! Thanks for the idea. DH always has a pocket, always and I've grown accustomed to using it when out and about (plus it beats using my house key as a box cutter).

Gena
06-02-2012, 06:28 PM
I have this rescue tool:

http://www.amazon.com/Res-Q-Me-Res-Q-Me-Tool/dp/B001W8A1E4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1338675893&sr=8-9

It has a aping loaded puncture for car windows and a seat belt cutter. It was a gift from my firefighter hubby.

Nyfeara
06-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I have this Bodygard keychain thing - DH got it for me. I like having something that can cut my seatbelt or the kids' straps if needed in an accident. And the idea of having something to break the window was appealing too.

http://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Tech-BGTWOR-PS-Platinum-BodyGard/dp/B000VGAZHQ/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1338679891&sr=1-2-catcorr

Other than that, I have 3 or 4 keys and a few small grocery club cards. It fits in most pockets just fine.

nupe
06-29-2012, 07:51 AM
For years my main keychain (car key, house key, one work key) has been a 2 inch or so leather circle in tan/light coral in the yin/yang pattern, from Levenger. Not heavy, but substantial enough to find in a purse. I have my other work keys on a leather with brass college medallion on it, since they are heavier and stay with my work things.

I've been troubled when I valet that I have to take my car key off the chain, so have been on the search for something compact but easy. I think the Vera Bradley coin and key may be the answer. http://www.verabradley.com/product/Coin-and-Key/1001224/defaultColor/Island+Blooms/p/1001224.uts?fromSearch=1
Because then I can have two keyrings, one for car and one for house/work, and then they can zip into this thing and then I can put my sunglasses without a case into my bag without fear of scratches. I keep my iphone in a separate compartment in my bag for the same reason, fear of key scratches. I just got the VB and hope it doesn' tend up too bulky.

gatorsmom
06-29-2012, 08:06 AM
I just got a new keychain- a time turner like Hermione wore in The Prisoner of Azkaban. I got it on our trip to Orlando. Bfore that I just had a plain ring.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-29-2012, 08:19 AM
i have a Louis Vuitton 4 keyholder in the damier azur pattern. i like how it keeps the keys from scratching other things in my purse.

okinawama
06-29-2012, 08:25 AM
Wow, there are some really useful keychains out there! I guess I thought of them mainly as "decoration" not functional. I need to look into the one that is a tool!

I have my house key, mail key and car key on mine with a small carabiner to clip to my purse.

jam224
07-02-2012, 02:56 AM
I keep it simple. I have my house key and my car key on a keyring with a rhinestone wristlet that I bought from the Hallmark store (which looks very similar to this one (http://www.buy.com/prod/rhinestone-clear-crystal-wristlets-lanyard-key-chain-cell-phone-camera/224125029.html)). I love that I can wear my keys like a bracelet when I have to carry my baby. I also have a small sentimental token; this baby announcement (http://www.etsy.com/listing/84535127/baby-announcement-keychain-personalized) personalized with my daughter's stats. I LOVE it! :heartbeat:

MontrealMum
07-02-2012, 03:15 AM
I have all my keys on a bunch of rings (for easy detaching) with a puffed gold heart from my grandma (which dates from h/s), along with an LED light and a whistle from my SIL (one of her more useful gifts). It's heavy and cumbersome but when I take off on my bike or something I just detach the door keys and I'm good to go. I did do a huge weed a few years ago and I took off the keys to cars noone owned any longer and to homes that family members no longer live in.

nupe
07-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Okay hated the VB coin and key for the car key fob. It just was so big... But it's good for just keys. Stays pretty flat.

Zukini
07-06-2012, 09:23 PM
i have a Louis Vuitton 4 keyholder in the damier azur pattern. i like how it keeps the keys from scratching other things in my purse.

I also have a Louis Vuitton 4 keyholder in monogram. I had it hot stamped with my initials to make it all mine :) My car's electronic key fob is too large to fit inside so it hangs off one of the key links. But the keys themselves are nice and snug inside when its snapped shut. And there's a little slot where I keep an emergency $20 folded up.

For the valet, I just remove the key itself from the car fob and give them the electronic portion. I keep my keyholder with the actual car key.