PDA

View Full Version : yawning and not very active

Sweetum
06-02-2012, 02:03 AM
DS who is 3.5 yo has been a reasonably good sleeper throughout. We had issues at one point with him falling asleep, but once asleep, he sleeps through. However, lately, he has dropped his naps - or most days he doesn't nap. We have tried to put him to bed earlier but haven't been very successful - instead of putting him to bed 2 hours before his bedtime w/ naps we are closer to 1 hour before his bedtime w/ naps. His waking is mostly the same time with 1/2 hour give and take (that ok?). There are days when he is with us (weekends) when he does nap since he looks and acts like he needs one, but goes down much later and we let him sleep for max 2 hours (but he is usually up by himself after 1.5 to 2 hours), but it can go till 4:30pm. on those days night time bedtime again gets thrown off - sometimes goes 1/2 hour beyond bedtime w/ naps. Now, I am not sure if his yawning and tiredness and sluggishness is due to lack of sleep or if there is something else going on. How do I figure it out?
Also, I am thinking I should encourage him to nap in the afternoons since we are fast filling up his daily/weekly schedule with all kinds of therapies and we feel that getting that little bit of rest during the day will help him learn better. Any thoughts?

thank you.