PDA

View Full Version : Weather Radio

swrc00
06-02-2012, 07:29 AM
With the recent thread about bad weather in the MidAtlantic, I am curious do you use a weather radio?

We were given one as a gift from MIL. I initially wanted to return it, but it has become invaluable for us living in Georgia. We do have a text system and sirens, but the radio usually has more to update information than either of these and the TV.

TwinFoxes
06-02-2012, 08:04 AM
We do...and DH almost made a rare BP appearance because when I looked for it he had moved it to "I think it's downstairs somewhere". I was so mad! It's a nice one that runs on crank or battery, and it has a light. I would tell you the brand...but it's still "downstairs somewhere". :irked:

ecofem
06-02-2012, 08:48 AM
We use one. It typically gives us an earlier heads up than the news. Really like it for in the middle of the night, when the TV is not on. I think everybody should have one.

swrc00
06-02-2012, 09:12 AM
We use one. It typically gives us an earlier heads up than the news. Really like it for in the middle of the night, when the TV is not on. I think everybody should have one.

:yeahthat:

It really gives me piece of mind during the night!

cntrymoon2
06-02-2012, 09:54 AM
We use one. I grew up in Miami, where very few ppl used them because our systems were usually tropical so we had warning. When I moved to Central FL, I had to get used to tornado warnings outside of the typical tornadoes that come along with hurricanes and tropical storms. My mom got us a weather radio for Valentines day 5 yrs ago after a line of tornadoes swept through at night and killed 25 ppl. We've used it ever since. It's annoying, but I'm grateful for the annoyance.