PDA

View Full Version : Best choice for a Harry Potter wand?

KrisM
06-02-2012, 08:20 PM
DS1 would like to buy one. It looks like Amazon and Barnes and Noble both have illuminating wands and maybe they're the same, but Amazon says the list price is $99! Any suggestions for which one to get?

Neatfreak
06-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Is the illumination a requirement for your son? My daughter found a perfect wand in our backyard - it had fallen off of a tree. It was free :)

annex
06-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Amazon always has crazed 3rd party sellers in their toy area. The Barnes and Noble wand is awesome. Ours has lasted a couple years.

queenmama
06-02-2012, 09:52 PM
We got ours either from Alivans or The Noble Collection, it doesn't light up but it was only $30-$35. We bought it maybe 6 or 7 years ago and Henry still plays with it all the time.

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

m4nash
06-02-2012, 10:41 PM
We got ours at Ollivanders at Universal. You can order them here: http://www.wbshop.com/category/wbshop_brands/harry+potter/wands.do?ref=GGLHPOT&gclid=CLWEv6WEsbACFUOo4Aod_z1iUg. They are really nice, but don't light up.

I like the ones at Barnes Noble too.

lizzywednesday
06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
We got ours at Ollivanders at Universal. You can order them here: http://www.wbshop.com/category/wbshop_brands/harry+potter/wands.do?ref=GGLHPOT&gclid=CLWEv6WEsbACFUOo4Aod_z1iUg. They are really nice, but don't light up.

I like the ones at Barnes Noble too.

My brother got his at Ollivander's too. It's very nice and totally not what I'd expected a souvenir wand to be!

But, if the illumination is the selling point for your DS, I'd skip Ollivander's.

almostmom
06-04-2012, 12:36 PM
We have the illuminating wand (as well as a hand carved one from our backyard!). It was NOT $99, but if may have been $40 or so, I don't remember. It is great - nice weigh, and DS plays with it all the time. We've had it for a few years I think. I got it at B&N on-line.

KrisM
06-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Okay, great. He's been using his sister's light-up princess wand and she's done loaning it :). So, illuminating is what he's looking for. Plus, he has B&N gift cards, so that works well.