PDA

View Full Version : Nightwaking in Toddler - HELP!!!

marymoo86
06-03-2012, 09:31 AM
DD is 18.5 months old and most likely in the throws of that sleep regression and teething - double whammy. However, she has never been a good sleeper. We had some intial success at nightweaning but that has since gone out the window. I am fairly certain that a bottom tooth is trying to emerge but pain reliever does not seem to stop the night waking.

We follow our routine daily. She naps great at daycare usually 2 hours but rarely more than 45 mins at home despite following a routine and putting when tired. Tried different variations and nothing works. At night after dinner around 530 we go up for quiet time and bath/books/nurse. She goes down around 645-730 depending on the day and how easily this happens. However, she wakes a lot at night usually 1130, 230, 4,and then up between 5-6am. I feel like she is in a vicious cycle of being overtired but I can't seem to help her catch up?

Is my only option to ride it out and try nightweaning again? Her temperament is not suitable for CIO. I don't know what else to do. I am doing all the suggestions noted during my internet searches. It's pitch black in there, sound machine, lavender, etc. I feel like I am missing something b/c she does once a month sleep through. :confused: