PDA

View Full Version : Gift idea for beloved DCP

BabyBearsMom
06-03-2012, 07:31 PM
DD1 goes to a wonderful home daycare. We adore her teacher. DD1 is extremely sensitive and shy but loves the teacher like a 3rd parent. Sadly she is starting preschool at the end of June (we moved her to make room so DD2 could go to the home daycare as I can't fathom trusting anyone but this woman with my infants). What gift could we give her as a thank you for all the incredible loving care she has given DD1? I tried to find a picture of the two of them together but I don't have any. Price isn't an issue but I wouldn't want it to be awkwardly extravagant. I want something more meaningful than a gift card. We are already having DD1 draw her a picture.

TwinFoxes
06-03-2012, 08:55 PM
You said no gift cards, but what about a gift certificate to a great restaurant? I think a lot of people cut back on eating out, so a chance to splurge might be appreciated.

What about a picture of DD holding a sign saying "Thank you, DCP!"

Heartfelt handwritten letter she can display and use as a reference?

vonfirmath
06-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Honestly, all our gifts to our home DCP have been checks. Nothing says appreciation quite like an unexpected bonus.

BabyBearsMom
06-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Honestly, all our gifts to our home DCP have been checks. Nothing says appreciation quite like an unexpected bonus.

We give her an annual Christmas bonus and will continue this when DD2 is there. Looking for something more sentimental from DD1 in this case.

Thanks TwinFoxes. Those are great ideas!

mommylamb
06-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I've given her spa-finder gift cards in the past. I think it acknowledged the fact that she works hard and deserves to be pampered.

StantonHyde
06-06-2012, 11:45 AM
I give a gift card plus a long, hand written note from me. I thank them by saying:
the little details and talents that make them special as a care provider
specific things they did for my child and/or me and how that made a difference for our family.
What their efforts/care mean to me as a parent

I have had several teachers/care providers near tears when they thanked me. I think a really thoughtful thank you note makes a big difference.