PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the mods

NCGrandma
06-03-2012, 09:08 PM
A while ago, I got a bit weirded out by an odd response to one of my posts (it was a complete non sequitur) until I noticed that the same 'new user' had posted similarly strange responses to a bunch of threads. Soon after, I noticed that all posts from that 'new user' seemed to have vanished.

Earlier today, I noticed something similar, not on any of my posts this time but on a number of other threads. Once again, posts by this other 'new user' were soon gone.

Just wanted to give a big thank-you to the mods who keep this kind of craziness out of here! I don't spend much time on other forums, but when I do, I can definitely tell that the BBB is a cut above!! Thanks!

eagle
06-03-2012, 09:32 PM
oh, good. im glad it wasnt me! im still here! :cheerleader1: :D

thanks to the mods!

elliput
06-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Taking care of spammers is the biggest part of a BBB mods duties, and is something that usually flies under most people's radar. I know the current mod team appreciates your kind words.

If you didn't know this already, when you see oddball posts like that, please hit the "Report Post" button (far right, red triangle). This way it is sure to be brought to the moderator's attention.

NCGrandma
06-03-2012, 09:37 PM
If you didn't know this already, when you see oddball posts like that, please hit the "Report Post" button (far right, red triangle). This way it is sure to be brought to the moderator's attention.

Thanks -- if I ever knew this, I'd forgotten it. I usually use Tapatalk -- do you happen to know if there's any way to do this in Tapatalk ?

elliput
06-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Tap on the header of the post you would like to report, it will change color (to pale yellow) and a dialog box appears with the choices "Quote/Share/More". Tap on "More" to pull up other options the first of which is "Report", tap that and the next choices are "This Forum" or "Tapatalk", tap "This Forum". The next choices are "Spam" & "Others". Tap the "Spam" button to automatically send, tap the "Other" button to sent a message with text.

Since I was walking through this with my phone in front of me, I just reported my own post as spam. :duh: :ROTFLMAO:

MontrealMum
06-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Erica, I think I'll let your post stay. You don't strike me as a suspicious character :)

We're always on the lookout for suspicious posts and spammers, but much of the work is done by community members who alert us by flagging posts. So, many thanks to all of you :wavey:

TwinFoxes
06-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Erica, I think I'll let your post stay. You don't strike me as a suspicious character :)

We're always on the lookout for suspicious posts and spammers, but much of the work is done by community members who alert us by flagging posts. So, many thanks to all of you :wavey:

:yeahthat: and thanks OP. :)

mom2binsd
06-03-2012, 11:25 PM
I agree, they do a great job and keeping us free from nutjobs and spammers...I remember someone asking about using scented wax in the home and the next post was from a "distributor/newbie" giving a link to her website....that's the kind of thing we don't need.

I think one thing we don't always appreciate too is that this board is AD FREE! On other boards I'm constantly distracted by all the ads....I know they pay the bills but that is one thing I love about the BBB!

ett
06-04-2012, 01:06 AM
:yeahthat: and thanks OP. :)

:yeahthat: :)

missym
06-04-2012, 06:37 AM
:yeahthat: Thanks! :grouphug:

arivecchi
06-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Could not agree more! The mods do an awesome job getting rid of spammers!

twowhat?
06-04-2012, 10:55 AM
No kidding - I don't come across spam or weirdness very often and when I do they're gone in a FLASH. It's amazing.