PDA

View Full Version : Watching a friend's kids.

lalasmama
06-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Oh my. Watching a couple friends' kids, 2 preschoolers. It's only 5 hours of sitting (and only like 45 minutes left), but I'm at my wit's end. There's been stomping on DD's toys, completely on purpose. There's been hitting and kicking. There's been 5 time outs among 2 kids (4 time outs with just 1 kid). There's been sitting on toys after being asked not to. There's been climbing on desks, on toy boxes, and on anything that doesn't climb the child first. There's been screaming (not from me!).

During all of this, DD has been (shockingly) an angel, sitting in the middle of the chaos, reading books.

I'm just ready to be done tonight. They're finally quiet after I put a movie on with a general ban on talking/kicking/hitting/wrestling....

lalasmama
06-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Ahhhh.... posted this, and their mom showed up 2 minutes later!

WatchingThemGrow
06-03-2012, 11:15 PM
lol- sounds like my life. Totally wish someone would come pick them up sometimes! Enjoy your rest time this evening!

♥ms.pacman♥
06-03-2012, 11:31 PM
lol- sounds like my life. Totally wish someone would come pick them up sometimes! Enjoy your rest time this evening!

:ROTFLMAO: WTG - you crack me up!!!!

i always want to offer to sit for another mom's toddler but honestly i find myself going a little nuts with just my two, i can't imagine handling three by myself. :dizzy:

lalasmama
06-04-2012, 01:07 AM
I don't know how this mom does it! And keeps her humor about her while doing it! She just laughed, mentioned that it's amazing her kids haven't "really" hurt each other, and that she appreciated that I was able to handle them. (Thanks, BBBer's for helping me handle them by letting me vent!)

roseyloxs
06-04-2012, 06:26 AM

:rotflmao:

WatchingThemGrow
06-04-2012, 06:56 AM
i always want to offer to sit for another mom's toddler but honestly i find myself going a little nuts with just my two, i can't imagine handling three by myself. :dizzy:3 can change the dynamic. You should try it. We have SO much fun when friends' kids come play with us. They really are most excited to have fresh toys to look at, then your kids look at them to see how they play with the same toys.

trcy
06-04-2012, 07:45 AM
Ahhhh.... posted this, and their mom showed up 2 minutes later!
The power of the BBB at work again.

Glad you made it, I think I would have lost mind my mind.

hellokitty
06-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Lol, welcome to my world. I bet it makes you appreciate lala so much more after an experience like that!

lalasmama
06-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Lol, welcome to my world. I bet it makes you appreciate lala so much more after an experience like that!

Oooohhhh, yeah, it was eye-opening to see that La could actually behave in the middle of chaos, make good choices, and, really, just be okay. Humorously, she also slept through my alarm this morning (rare for her because our house is like 750sqft, so you can hear EVERYTHING). I think I'm being told/shown that I may be able to handle when another one finally blesses our family.

... Either that, or I was being shown that I would go crazy if I had 2 more? LOL

zag95
06-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Lala-
So I'm guessing that triplets or twins are a pass for you?! ;):ROTFLMAO:

lalasmama
06-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Lala-
So I'm guessing that triplets or twins are a pass for you?! ;):ROTFLMAO:

SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Twins run in my family--like every generation has had a set. My grandmother was a twin, my aunts are twins, one of my aunts had twins, I've miscarried twins... add in the clomid that the doctor expects we will eventually resort to, and, well, I'm hoping I don't end up with quads ;)

Don't get me wrong--I will completely take whatever I am blessed with! But, I'm kind of praying to not be *that* blessed all at once!