PDA

View Full Version : Where to Get Reasonably Priced Outdoor Couches

Kindra178
06-04-2012, 11:07 AM
I found some ok things at World Market. Anywhere else?

arivecchi
06-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I would check out overstock.com and Amazon as well.

SnuggleBuggles
06-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Costco?

Mommy_Mea
06-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Ikea has a collection now, we only looked at it in passing yesterday, not in the market for that quite yet!

pinay
06-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Sears usually has a pretty varied selection.

elbenn
06-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Target online and Home Depot online are good places to check. If you see something you like, sign up for their email list and wait for a sale. I think both places sometimes do 25% off patio furniture.

ETA: A friend of mine found one that was put out for trash and she took the cushions and had them recovered. Anyways, you might check craigslist or similar, and recover the cushions if you don't like them. But I would first check costs for having new cushions made.

Reader
06-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I just spent months waiting for a sale...IKEA has the best deal on non-sale outdoor couches, and Home Depot had some good sales. Target has some, too, but it seemed liked most stuff from Target was out of stock after Memorial Day. My DH ended making us one after I went and bought cushions.

BayGirl2
06-04-2012, 12:43 PM
We got a set at Costco online. Really nice and comfy and its held up perfectly over 2 years. We don't cover it or put it inside in the winter, it does fine through the rain.

elektra
06-04-2012, 12:50 PM
I also thought the latest IKEA offerings looks pretty nice.

When we were looking for patio furniture, we looked ALL over and settled on this place. http://www.uniquepatiofurniture.com/
The site seems a bit sketchy, but I think it's partly because they have it optimized to rank high organically on Google. I think it's local to SoCal, but going this more local route got us more for our money IMO. Just including the link to see if there is something similar in your area. We visited showrooms for these more independent type of places.
I thought the Crate & Barrel stuff looked nice when we were looking a few years ago too, but again, I feel we got more bang for our buck by going the independent route.

Recently, my dad got two new patio sets- one from Costco and one from Target. He is very happy with the Costco set, and the customer service was great.

He doesn't love the Target set- the cushion quality is pretty low but the wicker looks ok. Not sure how it will hold up.

stinkyfeet
06-04-2012, 12:50 PM
We got ours from Costco. We put the all-season wicker and sunbrella couch and chair/ottoman set on our screened in deck at our old house. We recently moved and sold it on craigslist for as much as we paid for it (DH can sell almost anything online). Anyway, so the quality was great, and it looked as good as new. I was sad to see it go, but it didn't fit the needs of our new house.

citymama
06-04-2012, 01:27 PM
We got our outdoor seating at IKEA!

katydid1971
06-04-2012, 01:31 PM
I was at JC Penney last week and thought there patio furniture looked nice and was well priced. I don't think its a place I would usually look for stuff like that and was very please.

trales
06-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Sears, got it at the year end sale last year and love it. I got the couch, coffee table and two chairs. It is really nice.

Babymakes3
06-05-2012, 02:44 PM
I remember seeing some nice ones at IKEA and all were fairly inexpensive. I would also look at Pier 1 Imports, i'm really liking alot of their stuff lately!

new_mommy25
06-05-2012, 03:04 PM
We also got ours at Costco.

ShayleighCarsensMom
06-05-2012, 03:07 PM
I got a great sofa and chair at target 3 years ago. After 2.5 summers the cushions were shot and I had to spend almost what I spent on the sofa to replace the cushions. It's been really sturdy so far.
I know they start their patio clearance soon.

Valerie
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green_Tea
06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
If you live in New England, try Ocean State Job Lot. Pier One also has them.

niccig
06-05-2012, 05:25 PM
We got ours at end of the summer at a small chain of hardware stores. It was on sale but as it was the floor model, I asked and got a further discount . They didn't have the matching umbrella, but a nearby store did.

R2sweetboys
06-05-2012, 10:14 PM
I found the best deal at Sears.(though I was looking at dining sets) I haven't gotten it yet so I can't attest to quality but the reviews were good. My one word of advice is to go with aluminum and not steel. Steel frames will rust quickly, aluminum never will.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-09-2012, 06:42 PM
great thread....we really want to get a sofa for our patio outside. Folks say IKEA has outdoor furniture..but i can't even find an outdoor section on the website. I just want to know how expensive stuff was there.

I saw a nice set at our local Kroger today (wicker sofa + 2 arm chairs, really nice looking cushions & pillows) and it was $599 for the 3 pc set!!! :eek: It was nice, but I don't want to spend that much!

ETA: ok, i searched more on IKEA website and found the AMMERO line that is all outdoor furniture and seemed pretty cheap..but it seems they mostly have lounge chairs, tables, gazebos...the couch they had seemed very basic and didn't have armrests. the ARHOLMA sofa (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29904116/) thing seems to be what i'm looking for..though still $400. Any other IKEA recs??

niccig
06-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Any other IKEA recs??
Here's the Ikea outdoor furniture

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/outdoor/21959/

I hear you on the expense. Outdoor furniture is no cheaper than something for indoors!

We got a table, chairs and umbrella on sale at the end of the summer at our local hardware store, so waiting for a couple months might help. I don't know if Ikea has a sale or not.