PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever ordered a custom vinyl banner?

TwinFoxes
06-04-2012, 12:07 PM
I want some sort of "happy birthday" banner for DDs. It has to be fairly large to stand out in the venue, so a regular party store banner won't work. Also the theme isn't common, so I have to do something custom. I'm sure there are online places, but when I search a lot of the links look spammy. Any suggestions? TIA!

specialp
06-04-2012, 12:28 PM
I did several years ago for our church, but I used a local sign shop. (google your town + sign or custom signs). They helped me pick out how heavy the material should be since this would be used for an annual event year after year, but other than that, I uploaded the logo to their website, gave them the measurements of how big (had to fit specific sized windows), told them where to put the grommets, and it was done a few days later.

BayGirl2
06-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I got one like this http://www.birthdayexpress.com/Two-Two-Train-2nd-Personalized-Birthday-Banner/64508/BannerDetail.aspx for DS's 2nd birthday. It was really sturdy and thick, like a canvasy plastic, with grommets. I think I got medium and it was big, a large one would probably work for you. It was in perfect condition after hanging in the wind for a day so I offered it up on our local parents marketplace and another parent with a 2 year old with the same name took it to reuse. They have a lot of themes and you can add a picture.

BillK
06-04-2012, 12:42 PM
I've ordered from www.halfpricebanners.com (http://www.halfpricebanners.com) in the past for my office and they were quick and reasonable.

HIU8
06-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Signs by tomorrow does custom banners. I used to order through them in another life as a meeting planner.

o_mom
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
We ordered a banner for a school event from Vistaprint. It came out nice and they even reprinted for free when FedEx smooshed the box. If you have time to wait, they often have sales of 50% off or more.

weech
06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
I ordered a custom banner from Shindigz for DS's first birthday and it was AWESOME! 18"x54" and I paid about $15.

AbbysMom
06-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I ordered a custom banner from Shindigz for DS's first birthday and it was AWESOME! 18"x54" and I paid about $15.

I've ordered from here too for DH's graduation from a master's program. It was really great.

Zukini
06-07-2012, 01:07 AM
If in a bind, Kinko's...