PDA

View Full Version : Help from FB experts

Fairy
06-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Yes, another FB thread. I'm losing my mind. A couple days ago out of nowhere my droid started giving me text-like alerts anytime a group member commented. I'm in a million groups. I comment in alot of them, and the ones for my HS reunion, which is coming this month, is in HEAVY rotation. I mean 10 an hour, it was making me nuts. The phone buzzes when a comment is made in a group I'm in. I'm not stupid, I know to fix the settings, but THEY WERE FIXED. I had everythng set properly, but it wouldn't stop.

I tried from FB
I tried from FB Mobile
I tried changing my phone settings (but can't for the life of me find it)

Something in FB Mobile worked yesterday, god knows what, cuz i was near tears with the constant buzzing and just started flicking everything on and off again. NOW in my FB PMs I appear as my FB email address, not my FB name.

WTF? Help! I"m losing my mind. Anyone who knows what they're doing, I'd really appreciate it.

Fairy
06-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Anyone?

khm
06-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Can you just turn off ALL notifications of any type? Events, groups, photos, stuff you reply to - everything. I'd do it from the website, which should transfer to mobile.

There's also a setting to in the top right of the Notification Settings window -

Email Frequency:
Send me important updates and summary emails instead of individual notification emails

Worst case, delete FB for mobile off your phone and reinstall it. I guess it is possible they are conflicting and overwriting each other.