PDA

View Full Version : Hanna jammies question...

new_mom_mry
06-05-2012, 12:30 PM
So DS has been sleeping in Hanna zippers at night. He is currently in HA size 80, but the zippers are somehow starting to feel a bit tight on him (which is interesting, because he is not really growing out of his other HA size 80 clothes like pants and jackets). Given our cool, super mild summers the zippers work really well all year round for us. HOWEVER, in the last week or so, we have been dealing with a mild case of eczema on his inner elbow, which I read can be aggravated by tight clothing. I have also noticed that the eczema-driven rash shows up in the mornings, after he spends the night sleeping in his HA zippers. I would like to now start putting him to sleep in something more loose fitting. Should I buy him HA LJs in size 90?? Do they fit more loosely than zippers, especially if I get them in sz 90? He is currently 19 months old....many thanks!

Beth24
06-05-2012, 01:26 PM
DS is 23 mo this old and has been wearing 90 long John's for a few months even though he can still squeeze in his 80s. The Long Johns are easy to wear, if they're big you can fold back the cuffs. But I don't think they fit more loosely than the zippers, so you could probably just size up in either. I am looking at DS in his zipper right now (lazy am) and it is baggie around his arms.

lchang25000
06-05-2012, 01:29 PM
I would definitely try sizing up and fold back the cuffs if they are too long. You can either stick to the zippers or try the LJs. The stripy ones are the softest and strechiest and gets softer with each wash. I would avoid the printed ones since they are usually tighter.

hillview
06-05-2012, 01:32 PM
could you try a pair of short johns?

citymama
06-05-2012, 01:57 PM
I would size up and use LJs. Past about a year, I've had DD2 in LJs over zippers - I find zippers are just too fitted.

DD2 is starting to get eczema in her inner elbow as well, although I think it's more to do with how fitted PJs are than the brand - she wears a wide range of jammies these days - Hanna, Carters, Gap, Kicky Pants.

new_mom_mry
06-05-2012, 02:01 PM

it gets chilly at night here, and he tends to kick off his blanket, so LJs are probably best.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-05-2012, 02:01 PM

:yeahthat:

or i would try sizing up as other PP said. my 14 month old DD wears DS's outgrown 80 zippers...DS outgrew them at 20 mo maybe (too tall). The LJs were definitely looser fitting. DS is mostly in 90/100 LJ now.

Or maybe try 90 zipper...we have one for DS which definitely fit better than the 80s..i would have bought more if i hadn't been overly hopeful of DS PTing soon (sigh).

new_mom_mry
06-05-2012, 04:21 PM
thanks so much everyone...ordered a few pairs of LJs in sz 90. Our beloved zippers will have to be put away for now...for use with future kiddos. I don't know if the tight zippers were the culprit in regard to sudden appearance of eczema...he didn't have any skin problems before whatsoever, and then it appeared out of the blue a week ago on his inner elbow. I have read that it could be triggered by environmental factors...maybe something outside, who knows...also ordered the Aveeno baby eczema lotion.