PDA

View Full Version : WWYD - Possible naked pictures/magazine on the bus?

khalloc
06-05-2012, 01:39 PM
My DD told me this morning that yesterday on the bus someone had a book or magazine or just a picture of a "woman's boobies". She is 6.5 and in Kindergarten. her bus only carries kids in K-2nd grade. I asked her if it was a boy and she said yes, but then got shy about it and whispered it to me again. We were getting ready to go out to catch the bus, so it wasnt he best time to pry info from her.

I emailed her friend's mom this morning. She takes the bus home with my DD to the same in-home daycare. This mom said she didnt hear that from her DD at all. She asked if maybe it could be something less troublesome, like a photo from a Cosmo magazine or something (which would be OK I guess). But for some reason I am picturing a real topless photo.

Should I ask DD more about it tonight? I could then call the school tomorrow. Should I try to see if DD knows the name of the kid who had the photo?

DD is my oldest and I have no experience with things like this! Eeeeeek!

hillview
06-05-2012, 01:43 PM
I would let the school know and expect they'd talk to the bus driver. Beyond that unless DD brings it up again I'd be inclined to let it go.

MamaMolly
06-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Poke around and see what you can find out. My sort of BTDT was Lula telling me is SHOCKED tones that she saw a naked man on the balcony of a house as I was driving down the street. He had his shirt off, but I could clearly see his pants through the railing. Kids :rolleyes:

Green_Tea
06-05-2012, 02:52 PM
I'd ask her again (casually) but if she doesn't want to talk about it, I'd let it drop. It could be *anything* - a picture of a mermaid? Venus de Milo? A Picasso painting? My DS (also in K) just finished a famous artists unit and they definitely had books in the classroom that had art that featured boobies :). It's the kind of thing that's harmless, but I could totally see a 2nd grade boy getting all silly over (did I mention that I have a 2nd grader, too? :rotflmao:.)

The school year is almost over!

ETA: I remember my sisters and I be SCANDALIZED by finding this Picasso painting (http://framingpainting.com/painting/two_women_running_on_the_beach_the_race-6739.html)in a book my parents had!

maestramommy
06-05-2012, 03:49 PM
I'd be inclined to let it go if she is too shy to talk about it. See if she comes to you about it again.

As an aside, whenever my kids see a shirtless man (even Dh) they flip out, giggle, and ask why X doesn't have a shirt on. Whenever we take Shep's collar off they squeal, "Shep's naked!" and collapse in a gale of giggles. Of course it was dh's joke to begin with, but now they really get it and find it soooo funny:rolleyes: