PDA

View Full Version : FP Loving Family Dollhouse

AKMom
06-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Would the Loving Family Dollhouse be appropriate for my DD's 2nd Birthday gift? She is 22 months now and has this dollhouse and really likes it:

http://www.diapers.com/p/early-learning-centre-cherry-lane-cottage-54029

I was just thinking she might like something bigger, like the Loving Family.

acmom
06-05-2012, 02:35 PM
We gave my DD the Loving Family dollhouse at Christmas when she was 3.5 and she loved it! It has been a great toy for her so I would recommend it, but I think I might wait until she was a little closer to 3. There are a lot of small parts and there are lots of pieces to set up and move that might be challenging for a newly 2 year old I think. My 2 year old DS likes to play with the pieces, but gets frustrated bc he has trouble bending the people the right way to get them into the car, chairs, etc.

iaam
06-08-2012, 10:27 AM
DD got it for her 2nd birthday and she loves it (and plays with it quite well). Her favorite thing to do is to have the doll house Daddy sit on the potty! Second favorite is to have the dogs play in the 'yard' (we bought lots of accessory sets too). Granted, she has a 4.5 year old brother who plays with it too, but still, I think it could work.

AKMom
06-09-2012, 12:40 AM
I went ahead and ordered it this weekend using the extra 20% off code (so $80 for the set - house, living room, kitchen, bathroom - then a little more $$ on a few extra furniture sets and the Grandma, Grandpa, and toddler sister).

I completely understand about the small pieces being frustrating. Sometimes DD has a hard time getting her animals to sit in the little chairs at the table of her current dollhouse and has to ask for help (they are super tiny, though, like the size of the Calico Critters twins). She may have to ask for help with this one too, but I usually end up playing with her anyway (can we say "Mom reliving her childhood love for dollhouses?"). :) Thanks so much for the advice, ladies!!