PDA

View Full Version : 2012 city mini or 2012 city mini GT

Smith_Family
06-05-2012, 03:55 PM
I know i want a city mini for the new baby, but i'm not sure which model to get, the original or the GT. I will use it for walks, the mall, travel, everyday stuff really. Is it worth it to spend the extra 100 dollars for the GT or is it not really needed?

Philly Mom
06-05-2012, 03:56 PM
I have the 2011 BJCM and I wish I had the GT. It would get a lot more use.

roseyloxs
06-05-2012, 04:02 PM
If I was getting a bjcm I would spend the cash on the gt.

liamsmom
06-05-2012, 04:35 PM
If I was getting a bjcm I would spend the cash on the gt.

:yeahthat: Especially if you want to take it on walks. The GT will be a much smoother ride.

hollissmama
06-05-2012, 06:35 PM
yes it depends on what you want it for, outside walks definitely get the GT, it will save you from buying a more pricey air tire stroller after the push gets hard with a bigger kid. I love the GT.

Multimama
06-05-2012, 06:42 PM
I got the regular BJCM because it's lighter, more compact, and still a nice push. Plus I like the colors much better and it's $200 cheaper right now with the prices for the 2011 at albeebaby.com. But if this is going to be your one and only stroller from birth until your child is done with strollers I would definitely get the GT. The seat is bigger and there are a bunch of improvements like the basket in addition to the wheels. I mostly use my BJCM as a luggage cart at the moment and the regular BJCM is completely adequate for that.

Smith_Family
06-05-2012, 11:03 PM
I still have my maclaren quest that i used with my daughter (she no longer wants anything to do with a stroller). So I will have that lightweight option for when he is a bit older. I also have a snap n go but i probably will rarely use that as i hate to keep my baby in the carseat more than they have to. So I think i will go ahead with the GT, but i'm going to wait and buy it when he is a couple of months old. No rush. Maybe i'll get lucky and amazon or somewhere else will have it on sale (wishful thinking!)

moll73
06-06-2012, 09:55 AM
I still have my maclaren quest that i used with my daughter (she no longer wants anything to do with a stroller). So I will have that lightweight option for when he is a bit older. I also have a snap n go but i probably will rarely use that as i hate to keep my baby in the carseat more than they have to. So I think i will go ahead with the GT, but i'm going to wait and buy it when he is a couple of months old. No rush. Maybe i'll get lucky and amazon or somewhere else will have it on sale (wishful thinking!)

If you are going to hold out for a while, you might wait and check out the new BJ Versa that is coming out, which is reversible, if that matters to you.

lorinick
06-06-2012, 04:01 PM
I love the mini.. If I were having another I would go with the GT it would have made the walks so much nicer.

nfowife
06-09-2012, 12:43 AM
I really love the GT. I'm so glad I waited for it. I've owned many strollers (over 20) and it is definitely one of the best. I don't jog and for my purposes it is a great stroller. I currently have just the BJ and an old mac volo that I can't let go of just yet and don't feel like I have a need for anything else.
The only QC issue I have had with it so far is the front wheel kept reverting to locked mode. Very annoying. I finally called BJ and they immediately sent me a new front wheel and problem is fixed. Great customer service!!
My only wish is that it came in more "fun" colors. I would have loved the plum.

melwe
06-09-2012, 09:54 PM
The only QC issue I have had with it so far is the front wheel kept reverting to locked mode. Very annoying. I finally called BJ and they immediately sent me a new front wheel and problem is fixed.

Same here after only using it one week. They also sent me a new front wheel.

bisous
06-11-2012, 01:25 AM
nfowife have you also owned a regular BJCM? Just wondering how much of a difference the only slightly bigger forever air tires really make on walks. If the ride were really fantastic (comparable AT ALL to my MBUS) I could see a GT as being a one and only!

nfowife
06-11-2012, 08:37 AM
No, I haven't had a regular BJCM. I've briefly pushed one though. I do think it's a difference. I've had both air and non-air tire strollers and the BJCM is kind of in-between, because it has the "forever air". They are not bouncy and softish, like a true air tire. Not as much give, though part of that is likely the lack of full suspension. But they are definitely much more rugged IMO than the standard tire. I know there is a big price difference and I have never bought a new stroller at full price ever before, but just couldn't resist and I truly love it and have no regrets.

Baby on the Run
06-25-2012, 08:59 AM
I know i want a city mini for the new baby, but i'm not sure which model to get, the original or the GT. I will use it for walks, the mall, travel, everyday stuff really. Is it worth it to spend the extra 100 dollars for the GT or is it not really needed?

Figured I would chime in as I have played with both extensively. From reading through the posts, I would also agree that it really depends on what type of strolling you see yourself doing. The GT is a better ride than the mini and will offer more space for your child for the long term. the other nice features about the GT is the adjustable handle bar, which depending on the height of the individuals using it could have an impact, as well as the brake is on the handle bar as opposed to the bottom of the stroller, which is much easier to use.

As far as the fold, you would not see that much of a difference between the 2 strollers, as while the tires are different, they are really the same size.

Rick
Owner
Hip Baby Gear