PDA

View Full Version : s/o Dryer balls

theriviera
06-05-2012, 05:44 PM
i was reading the "crunchy" thread (but i'm not crunchy so did not post) but i'm intrigued by dryer balls. i did a quick search on amazon but there isn't a single product that seems to stand out.

so, how do they work?
what brand do you use?

i use vinegar in the fabric softener spot in my washing machine but i still need something to help with static.

thanks!

trcy
06-05-2012, 06:33 PM
No personal BTDT with dryer balls, but MIA got them and was not pleased. I think she got them all Wal-Mart. Maybe there are better ones out there.

Jacksmommy2b
06-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I bought ours from etsy. They are just wool balls I toss in the dryer, no static and the stuff dries so much quicker.

I love ours!

Roleysmom
06-05-2012, 08:26 PM
For things like comforters, pillows, and down coats I use a tennis ball in a clean sock.

karstmama
06-05-2012, 08:54 PM
mama has some of the rubbery nubbly ones. they do absolutely *nothing* for static and i'm not really impressed with softness improvement, either.

daniele_ut
06-05-2012, 09:08 PM
mama has some of the rubbery nubbly ones. they do absolutely *nothing* for static and i'm not really impressed with softness improvement, either.

I have some of those and they don't work at all. The wool ones, however, work really well. They are on my list of things to buy eventually.

infomama
06-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Digging the wool suggestion. I just wonder if they are really loud?

roseyloxs
06-06-2012, 07:12 AM
I bought some wool ones (http://www.buddhabunz.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=DryerBalls) off one of the deal sites. They are good. They aren't fantastic though. I still get some static occasionally and while they cut down on the dryer time its not especially significant. The biggest problem is that they get stuck in the clothes and then end up upstairs waiting for someone to bring them back down to the dryer which in my house takes days if not weeks. In the end I still recommend them.

truly scrumptious
06-06-2012, 07:17 AM
I bought some wool ones (http://www.buddhabunz.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=DryerBalls) off one of the deal sites. They are good. They aren't fantastic though. I still get some static occasionally and while they cut down on the dryer time its not especially significant. The biggest problem is that they get stuck in the clothes and then end up upstairs waiting for someone to bring them back down to the dryer which in my house takes days if not weeks. In the end I still recommend them.

:yeahthat: to everything. I could've practically written that post.

liz
06-06-2012, 06:03 PM
I have used the plastic version for years and I really like them. I think they help keep the clothes softer without having to use dryer sheets, plus it shortens drying time. Although in the winter I still use a dryer sheet because I find we have issues with static cling in the dry winter months.