PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to share about our Vidia party

maestramommy
06-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Arwyn had her 5yo Vidia party over the weekend. A lot of you gave me great ideas, so just wanted to update and also share a great discovery.

The party was supposed to be mainly in the driveway and front yard. But after a week of sunny skies it started raining Sat in the early am, and by the time her party started at 2pm it was pouring. However the same thing happened last fall during Dora's Tinkerbell party, and what we did was we moved it all into the garage. It worked out well because there was a spell in the middle of the party where it was just sprinkling, and the kids started racing around the driveway flying their kites:tongue5:

We had a pinata, which I was going to make. But too many unexpected things happened that week, so I ended up buying a butterfly pinata at Iparty for $13.

The kites we made I discovered in Sunday School. They used it was an Easter lesson.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044SCC3C/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Best deal ever. these kites, unlike some cheesy ones I've purchased from Oriental Trading post, actually fly. Very well. You color them with markers, then if you want you can spritz them with a little water and they run, making a tie-dye effect. the kids flew them so much they got too wet and melted, but we had enough for people to make 2-3 if they wanted.

I had bought some windmills and windsocks from Dollar tree I was going to put in the lawn for decoration, but I ended up string them in various places in the garage:tongue5: I also, at the last minute, bought some bubble stuff and hula hoops in case the kids didn't have enough to do. But dude, that was the shortest 2 hours ever. Even dh remarked on that.

What it came down to for me, was at this age when my kids ask for an X party, what they really mean is a party that has some reference to X. We had a Vidia cake topper, and Arwyn "dressed" as Vidia. Although she changed her outfit so many times that by the time the party started she wasn't dressed as Vidia anymore (yeah, she's one of those kids:tongue5:) They had cake, popsicles, rice crackers, and juice boxes. Everything was gluten free because one of our friends' DS has celiac. It was a super simple party.

here are some pics if you are interested:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151010522689108.481622.744979107&type=3&l=9433a66073

g-mama
06-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Awww, looks like such a fun party and she looks so happy! Sounds like it was simple and perfect. Happy Birthday to Arwyn!

Thanks for sharing, Melinda!

scrooks
06-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Aww... What a great party! Everyone looks like they had a great time!

GoBlue
06-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Love it! My DDs favorite fairy is Vidia too (after Tink of course). Glad you had such a great time!!

ZeeBaby
06-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Very cute!

elephantmeg
06-06-2012, 08:59 PM
yeah! cute party!!!!!!